Thursday, June 15, 2006

June Bug! June Bug! It's Brown, It's Brown! -- Blogdogs, Peas in a Pod?

Update: My June Bug Collection is over [please click] here. It includes a "BUG" for each month, every one of which, except this one for June, aren't really June Bugs. . . Until last night this was the only June Bug we have had this summer. It was in the dining room, just barely crawling along. After a couple of photo ops I released it; I really think it was done for. Most June bugs only live a short while. They come to the lights, fly around, and die. Of exhaustion? Maybe a heart attack? What color: brown, of course. Never green. Now it seems it all depends on where you came from as to what a true June bug is. Here's my kind (I'm a native Nebraskan):


To be fair to Rachel (April 17 blog), the article further goes on:



So Rachel is correct too, as she is from the south, born and raised??



Why until last night? Because last night another one came, bit the dust, and was lying on the back door mat this morning.

.

.


My Blogdog, Adi


First pea?


Now Adi is a real trouper. She goes with me almost everywhere, except when I leave the house. She goes outside with me, but not very often in the car, although she loves riding. Adi likes to be in my blogs, so far she has been mentioned in my blogs 82 posts since December, 2005.

As usal, while I'm blogging, Adi is right here with me. Tonight, in this picture, in the kitchen you will find us. Since we use a laptop, we might be most anyplace (remember this one?). The printer and scanner are in the bed room, so when I take the computer in to print or scan, Adi is in her bed in that room.



The bed you see goes with Adi wherever we are. In the car, it sits behind the passenger sear. When we are in the kitchen (or breakfast room) it is where you see it, under the breakfast room TV. When we are in the living room her bed makes it to between our recliners. If we forget to bring the bed,she lays in front of the couch on the rug.



Back to blogdogging. She is a buddy, more so, she is a watchdog. Look carefully, she is sleeping with one eye open. And her nose will twitch and ears perk up, just a little, if an event happens.



I don't hear the doorbell very good, Adi hears it real good. Either she will bark or run to the door to look through the glass window. One problem, she can't tell between some TV doorbells and the real one. It is a mystery to her how the TV bell can ring and no one is at the door.



Squirrels, yes, she sees them through the back bedroom window, just above her bed. Birds and cats too, or the neighbor's dog, don't escape her notice. If only, if only I 'd let her out.


.


.


Marty Morrow's Blogdog, Sebastian


[Find Sebastian at Marty's blog]


The other pea?


In case you don't want to go there right now, Marty said: (I confess, I got the blogdog idea from him, he has a handsome blogging buddy as well, his Sebastian.)



.

Labels:


Comments:
Be nice.....okay. Well, er (really--I'm trying very hard), Adi looks nice today.
 
Good Morning. I have been missing you.
Thanks from Adi.
..
 
Jim I do not like bugs even if they are named after a summer month.

Oh my Adi is too cute on her little bed.

Take care xx
 
They turn green when you step on them and the sound is like stepping on a grape inside a peanut shell. UNFORGETTABLE truly! (I only say that because it happens to me about 1000 times each summer.) ~ jb///
 
here in the south, definitely green!!!! but ewwe, i agree with britmum... i hate bugs even when they're named after a lovely summer month.

hope you're all doing well. be nice to mrs. jim, now!

blessings!
lisa
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?