Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Mrs. Jim is a social worker, retired, and a member of the National Association of Social Workers (NASW)

jim's little Christmas tree farm (link)
is the place to go to see my Christmas tree collection.
The hospital trees are finished.
Leave a comment on the tree(s) you like, if you like.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

NASW PhotoStamps

Social Worker Awareness

One may be helping you or your family sooner than you think

Social work education helps us see how and where they operate and what they do

[link to NASW PhotoStamps Web page]

"The National Social Work Public Education Campaign is the focus of a new NASW PhotoStamp to raise funds for the campaign and increase awareness and understanding of the social work profession.

PhotoStamps are licensed and approved by the US Postal Service.

The new Help Starts Here Photostamp allows every social worker the opportunity to contribute to a nationwide effort to promote the contributions social workers make to their community every day.

By using this PhotoStamp, you will help bring before the public eye an increased awareness of the social work profession.

The price of the Help Starts Here PhotoStamp is $12.00 per sheet. Each sheet contains 20 self-adhesive PhotoStamps."

Online (Secure Page): Fill out the order form at the link above (or click here), and click the "Submit Order" button there.

By Phone: Call Toll Free 1-(800)-742-4089

By Fax: Print this order form page at the link, fill it out and fax to (202)-336-8340

By Postal Mail: Print this order form page, fill it out and mail to:
National Association of Social Workers

Attn: Accounts Payable

750 First Street NE Suite 700

Washington, DC 20002




My hearing isn't as good as it used to be. Mrs. Jim told me she might ought to count the number of times I asked her to repeat what she just said. That just was after she had to repeat to me and said almost everything needed repeating for me.
.
I told her it was more like once once in six or eight. We had a discussion. During the talk I counted 14 times that she didn't have to repeat and I was still going strong.
.
We both decided I should keep track of the ratio of repeats to non-repeats and maybe there would be less repeating.
.
Her rationale was that I would try harder to hear for a better number. I really couldn't argue.
.
Why don't some of you guys try that and see what happens.


Comments:
Just in case you wanted to know, most of these stamps will be sold to social workers so they can help their cause.
I haven't checked yet, we might not even be able to buy them at the Post Office.
So in case you see one on an envelope, it probably is from someone helping social workers put out their good words.
 
Very Cool trees Jim,
how is mema?


thnaks for going to my friend's blog!, and for the visit, to mine!


Blessings
 
Jim I have missed you ever so much. I need to come back and read all of your blog. I loved the tip on eating food. Love it and I am going to remember it. lol

Woo hoo!!!!!!!

Take care and have a very Merry Christmas. xxxxxx
 
Oh I forgot to say, we got no snow now , just rain, and in the 40's!
 
WHAT DID YOU SAY JIM???
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?