Thursday, January 25, 2007

Visit Houston, find 180 franchised new car and truck dealers here

HADA - Houston Automobile Dealers Association (link):

Houston Automobile Dealers Association (HADA)" is a trade association comprised of 180 franchised new car and truck dealers employing over 20,000 Texans in the Houston area. As a local backbone for the automotive industry, HADA hosts educational seminars and workshops for dealership employees, provides legislative representation, and engages in a number of other services designed to assist franchised new car and truck dealers.

HADA sponsors the national award winning program of the Motorist Assistance Program (MAP)."

MAP (
link) is free, I've used them once but I can't remember what kind of problems I was having.

I can't link to a Houston Chronicle article because the paper treats the article as an ad, but it shows Donnie Buckalew as the new chairman of NADA. He and his father own Buckalew Chevrolet in Conroe (Texas) (link).

The Buckalew family are active members of our church, the First Baptist Church of Conroe. They also are very community oriented.

My favorite aspect of Buckalew Chevrolet is their sponsorship of all the Baylor football games on radio.

Baylor is one of my of my football teams, daughter, Karen, is a graduate from there. The University of Nebraska always gets my favor, I'm an alumni there, Texas A&M gets some cheers, son, Mitch has an engineering degree from A&M (he also has a degree from Rice University), and the University of Houston is a double favorite, Mike (son) and I both have degrees from there as well as granddaughter Jenna attending now.

I'm supposed to be liking the University of Texas also now because granddaughter Megan is a student there. I really have a hard time liking them because they just are NOT A LIKEABLE TEAM. They were mean to the University of Houston the first year the U of H was admitted to the old SouthWest Conference, notwithstanding that U of H was conference champion that very first year. Houston even won the Cotton Bowl that year.

Last of all listed here, but not nearly last in favorite or priorities is LSU. Mrs. Jim has two degrees from this very nice school. I have attended two LSU / University of Nebraska games. Nebraska won one and tied the other.


If I were to buy a Chevrolet it probably would be from Buckalew Chevrolet. I doubt if I will get a Chevy because I am retired from Ford and give them preference. If it was another pickup for it might be a Chevy again.

Comments:
hi
it is a Ford or Dodge for us! :)
 
Since you are retired from Ford you get a nice discount when you buy from them I imagine. I know some folks retired from Ford and they do when they buy a new vehicle, but I forget how much. That is nice benefit!

I like any car that gets me around with no problems. Some drive better than others. I drive a Buick Century right now. It drives great! My first car was a 1964 red Ford Mustang! My brother picked it out for me and I gave $400 for it. Wish I had it now!
 
We drive the best bargain we can get. We feel no loyalty toward companies who show us none.
 
I had two Ford Festivas that I loved. Called 'em my shoeboxes. My youngest son totaled both of them... he was ok, but those were sad days.
My '93 Chevy Lumina Euro has been a faithful workhorse. Just put new tires on; they're worth more than the car, but I'm still driving her.
 
HI Jim and Mrs Jim
My choice I bought a "Ford Territory", 6 months ago
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?