Friday, October 11, 2019

The Letter "O" ~~ Rev 04 - Weekend Roundup and Reflections

The 41st issue of Weekend Roundup for this year... (THE FIFTEENTH LETTER FOR THIS SERIES)
- the Letter "O" Prompts are:
(A) Starts with the Letter "O"; (B) A Favorite;
(C) "O" for "Over". (Tom's choice); and (D) Reflections.


(A.1) Starts with the Letter "O":  Oranges start with "O".  This is KP again showing us the Orange Fruit, Oranges.at our local Sprouts Grocery store. 


(A.2) Starts with the Letter "O":  This is Our Backyard Orange Tree.  Some of the Oranges were getting ripe and I picked them.  But I have none to show now.


(B) A FavoriteOur Old House.  We bought before the building was finished and were able to make some changes.  It was our first owned house, we bought it in 1976 and sold it in 1999 when Mrs. Jim retired. 

It flooded once when we owned it, 33 inches of water inside, and later at least two other times.  Here it was finishing up with remodeling after the latest flood.


(C) "O" for "Over". (Tom's choice):  Historical Moon "Over" homes. 


(D) Reflections:  My Reflections here are mainly of the trees against the water.  We were Driving Over the Atchafalaya River Flood Basin.  Pretty full.  The Atchafalaya flows into the Mississippi River in the Baton Rouge area, before New Orleans.
 _ _ _ _ _ _ _

My Two Questions (you can answer just one if you'd like):

1. Has you home ever flooded?  or your car?   Our home in the picture flooded in the  1979 Claudia Tropical Flood.  We lived in Galveston County then.  We also lost three cars and a motorcycle because the water in the street was much deeper than that in our driveway.  My 1969 Ford Thunderbird may have been resurected, I know the fellow in the junk yard was going to get the motorcycle going again. 

2. Do you take pictures in the grocery store, perhaps for your blog or for some other reason that you would like to write about?   If you do not take pictures in the stores why not?  I take them mostly for my blog.  A few I take because I just want to remember this event.  But then generally I cannot find the picture when I want it..  

Bonus Questions:
1. What is your favorite "Oword?  "Over" is my favorite "O" word because being over is just nice.  Most times there is freedom in being over.

2. What are your thoughts about Oranges?  Often I think of Christmas because when we were small there would generally be one in our hanging stockings
_ _ _

The fine print: 
 - [Click on any picture for larger, click it again for extra large]
 - I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Travel" (Link to Tom's Weekend Reviews
  - The pictures are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law. 
  - I am also linked this week with James at Weekend Reflectionshttp://weekendreflection.blogspot.com/ for my Reflections Photo.
Photos and Text Copyright, © Jimmiehov 2019, All Rights Reserved

Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments:
You come up with the most interesting questions. Your granddaughter is beautiful by the way.
1. My house in Chicago flooded three times - twice the sump pump went out in an electrical storm and a little flood from the hot water heater.
2. Car- yes the lake we lived by went over the embankment and got my little Volkswagen - it did dry out tho.

1. I take pictures in the grocery store of pretty and unusual items.
2. Favorite O work - ocean. I love the sound of tides.

Have a wonderful wonderful weekend.
sandie
 
1. Has you home ever flooded? or your car? I'm happy to say no to both of these.

2. Do you take pictures in the grocery store, perhaps for your blog or for some other reason that you would like to write about? I don't take pictures at the grocery store or a restaurant either. I have my phone, but picture taking is something I'm terrible at.

Bonus Questions:
1. What is your favorite "O" word? Original is my favorite "O" word.

2. What are your thoughts about Oranges? Oranges are good. I rarely have them though.

Have a fabulous day and weekend, Jim. 😎
 
Never had a flood of any kind, other than the washing machine leaking from the front load door.
I love taking pictures in grocery stores or markets. Mostly because something new attracts my attention or cool packaging or weird people (those I try to be discreet).
O word - onions - cook with them most days
Oranges are soooo good when we are in Mexico. Rented a house once in San Miguel de Allende with a tree in the back, made our juice every morning.
 
...O range I could feel it coming. Neat to have your own O range tree. Like Jackie I have never had a flood. When I build are present house in 1978, I made sure that the basement floor was one foot above the 100 year high water mark. I like your moon O ver! Thanks Jim for stopping by, enjoy your weekend.
 
Beautiful set, oranges in many forms! I love the last photo <3
 
Nice post! I love oranges and not just because I was born in Orange, California. :-)
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?