Friday, March 20, 2020
The Letter "L" ~~ Weekend Roundup and Reflections
(THE TWELTH LETTER FOR THIS SERIES)
- the Letter "L" Prompts are:
(A) Starts with the Letter "L";
(B) "Lovely" (Tom's choice);
(C) A Favorite;
_ _ _ _
(A) Starts with the Letter "L": Lot starts with "L". There is a lot of activity at our neighbor's home. It sold and our new neighbor is making some changes and doing some painting.
(B) "Lovely" (Tom's choice): "Isn't she Lovely" by Stevie Wander
(C) A Favorite: Another Love, Chocolate. Of course the Rabbit is lovely, I'll add him to my collection. ( https://jimmiehov.blogspot.com/search?q=Rabbit&m=1 ).
This is Bayou Lafourche (pronounced-la-foosh) near Napoleonville, Louisiana. It starts at Donaldsonville and runs down to the Gulf of Mexico.
Originally some of the Mississippi River water was diverted into the bayou. A dam was built in 1905 cutting off its major water supply. Without that it becomes the lazy little stream you see here. (link to Bayou Lafourche)
_ _ _ _
My Two Questions (you can answer just one if you wish).
(1) How well do you know your neighbors? Another easy question for me, it seems we always know a couple real well and the others so so. We are the neighborhood grandpsrents so we know those with kids fairly well
(2) What do you think of when we are discussing "Rabbits"? I think of all of them that visit our flower beds to eat flowers. Since LAST TIME I asked this our neighbor put out a dozen pretty yellow flowers. The next morning all the blooms were eaten. Two days later the plants were eaten to the ground.
(1) what is your favorite "L" word? This time it will be Love. I Like the saying, "Love makes the world go round."
(2) What comes to mind when you hear "Bayou" mentioned? Most times I think of Louisiana...
_ _ _
The fine print:
- [Click on any picture for larger, click it again for extra large]
- I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Travel" (Link to Tom's Weekend Reviews)
- The pictures are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law.
- I am also linked this week with James, (click here for his Reflections Photos).