Friday, October 08, 2021

Letter "O" -- -- Weekend Roundup and Street/Reflections

THE FIFTEENTH LETTER FOR THIS SERIES - The Letter "O" Prompts are: (A) Starts with the Letter "O"; (B) "Ornate" (Tom's Choice); (C) A Favorite; (D) Street/Reflections; and (E) A Lagniappe.

 - - - - 


(A) Starts with the Letter "O":   "Old" starts with the letter "O".   This is an Old truck, my friend Charles is fairly Old, and I will be pretty Old at the end of October.  

Old for us was admitted when we reached 80, OBE, I am a little older than Charles.  Charles is one of my two Sunday Morning Bible Class teachers at our church, Second Baptist Church, 1463 Campus.  Charles is a retired pastor and teaches really good lessons, as does our other teacher, Nan. 

The truck?  It was made meant to be a 1910's to late twenties truck.  I'm making it to be 1926, or age 97, my dad died when he was 97. 


(B) "Ornate" (Tom's Choice):  If you don't think my Man Bag is Ornate then would you please admit that it is very Practical.  I packed it for my doctor visit, the following I wrote then, on this Wednesday. 

Also eye catching and pretty.  Inside I carry a bottle of water, my cell phone, two Soduku puzzles from old news papers, a granola bar and four peanut buttered soda cracker bars, and today's newspaper. 

Taking up space too are three library books, two are mine and one is Mrs. Jim's.   We are at our cardiologist for checkups, I go every six months so I needed it to carry stuff to keep me busy in between tests.  Today I had my usual Doppler probing scan of my legs and uppers, a PET heart scan, a chest Xray,  and a CBC+ blood test.  

I do this of sorts every six months, always the Doppler to check out my 



(C) A Favorite:  My mother's words, quite often she said to me, "You won't find a nice girl at the bars."  Like I was hanging out at the bars, I always thought she was joking.


(D) Street/Reflections (more):  The scene, taken from our Oceania Cruise Ship, Nautica, is of a distant lighted highway along the coast of Oman near Muscat. 
(Previously posted here December 13, 2019 [link].)  

 

(E)  A Lagniappe:   The "O" country I've visited is Oman.  The city of Muscat is in Oman, lower right on the map above.  We cruised to starting at Dubai and first went to the left to visit Abu Dhabi on the way.   Abu Dhabi is the capital city of the United Arab Emirates.  From Muscat we headed to India.  [click on the map for larger viewing, click it again for extra large size]
For more, click on the Label, below, "2019-20 Dubai to Cape Town" 

 - - - - 

Fine print stuff

 - [Click on any picture for larger, click it again for extra large]

 - I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Travel" (Link here to click for Tom's Weekend Reviews) 

 - I am also linking again this week with James of "Weekend Reflections/Street Photos" (click here for his Street Folk and Reflections Photos).

 - The pictures mostly are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law. 

 - Click Here for countries I've visited.
.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
I like the first picture.
and I hope all goes well today!
 
...they say that OLD is a point of view, but after working in the garden I ache!
...ORNATE and practical are good.
...your mother was a wise woman!
Thanks Jim for joining the party, enjoy your weekend.
 
The first picture makes me smile. And the reflection is beautiful. Happy Friday!
 
Old is all in the mind!
 
Super blog
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?