Friday, January 14, 2022

Letter "B" -- Friday's Weekend Roundup 08 / Reflections and-or Street Captures

This Week's Prompts: Starts  with "B"; A Favorite; "B"icycle; and Reflections and-or Street Captures
 _ _ _ _ 


Starts with "B":   Brown starts with "B", our front yard was mostly Brown before we resodded the area under the growing young Oak trees.  We sodded it a month ago and it is taking root fairly well, turning Green again now.  


A FavoriteThe old song, "Don't it make my Brown eyes turn Blue", sung by Crystal Gale. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udEZ_JjNz4E (as played above) 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyyhQUXCrJM (same song but of the original stage video) 

Source: LyricFind /Songwriters: Richard C Leigh
Don’t It Make My Brown Eyes Blue lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing juLLC


Bicycle:   This little Bicycle was being thrown away with the Friday trash setting out in a front yard by the street around the corner from you house.  Mrs. Jim rescued it for a friend's granddaughter buy they already had one.  So it still sits in our garage.  Mrs. Jim moved it here closer to the door to remind us to do something for Christmas needs of some little kid.  Didn't happen. 




We have two other Bicycles in our garage as well, the smaller on was our younger daughter's when she was Small.  The other was hers when she grew Big.  Each was great for them back when they rode.

    _ _ _ _  


  
        (click here for a larger size picture)

Reflections and-or Street Captures:  a low water crossing (also known as an Irish Bridge) near the Wapsipinicon State Park and Wapsipinicon River in Iowa near Anamosa (Wikipedia link).

A Lagniappe"B" is also for Blue. I found this little antique toy pedal car in a friend's museum. The friend owns a Ford dealership so this toy car is special to him.

The car is a blue toy 1940 Ford Pickup.  I am sure that it has been restored and probably painted at that time to this very blue blue color.

1940 Fords did come in a blue but these were much darker.

Another Lagniappe:  The Countries I've visited that start with the Letter "B":

    Bahamas 

    Barbados 

    Belgium  

    Belize 

    Bolivia 

    Brazil 

    Bulgaria 

_ _ _ _ 

        The Fine print stuff:

 - [Click on any picture for larger, click it again for extra large]

 - I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Travel" (Link here to click for Tom's Weekend Reviews) 

 - I am also linking again this week with James of "Weekend Reflections/Street Photos" (click here for his Street Folk and Reflections Photos).

 - The pictures mostly are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law. 

 - Click Here for all countries I've visited

- - - 
Note:  I have finished with my "jim's little Christmas Tree farm" blog posting of Christmas items for this season.  Click this label,  , to have a peek.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
...I hope that you sod stays green and not BROWN.
...Crystal Gayle is a favorite.
...we have too large a collection of outgrown BICYCLES in our garage, there's a workshop that fixes BIKES for needy kid. I need to drop them off.
...the BLUE peddle car is a BEAUTY!
Thanks Jim for joining the party, take care and stay well.
 
Your lawn is beautiful. I sodded mine when I lived in Texas. Makes a world of difference. Love that song!
 
I love the little blue car! We have a number of low water bridges here.
 
Everything is just brown here, wish we would get a snow storm.
 
Nice post! I've never been to Vauxhall but wouldn't mind going there someday. You've been to a lot of countries that start with "B". I've only been to Belgium.
 
I like riding a bike, always have. Crystal Gayle had so many good songs, and beautiful long hair! I wonder if she still has that long hair? I haven't seen a picture of her in years. Your lawn looks wonderful, at least you can see it. Mine is covered with snow. Have a good week, Jim.
Dawn
 
Meaningful B's. Liked to go through.
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?