Friday, March 24, 2023

Letter "L" --- Friday's Weekend Roundup 10 / Reflections and-or Street/Candid Captures

Lots of Grapes for us, our home consumption 

 - Tom's Requests: Starts with "L"; A Favorite; and Tom's suggestion, "L"oud. 
 - James' request, Reflections and/or Street Photos/Candid Captures. 
 _ _ _ _ 

Starts with "L":   Little is my "L" word for my 10th go around for Tom's alphabetics blog.  I used it first in naming this blog.  Even at that time back in 2005 there were several "Jim's Blogs" so as to make mine different I named it "Jim's Little Blog".

[Click on pictures for larger visit, the picture alone.]

My first post back in December, 2005 is shown above. It now has 2322 blog posts online and 919 drafts for various reasons they weren't published.  I write for my readers and have been doing versions of this blog since it started.  I have way more readers than those leaving comments. Quite a few are you friends and relatives who read to see what is going on. 

I've left my blogging contacts listed on the right margin for memories sales.  Most don't blog anymore; several have died as well.  Some are Facebook Friends now.  Readership has really dwindled on this Weekend series, now in the 17th year for me.  I was thinking of changing format this time for more readers but now plan to continue until the final "Z" word now.

I have also added James, "Weekend Reflections/Street Photos" (click here) although there isn't much sharing by bloggers there.  I could perhaps find another blog site in additon to bolster my comment count.  Most of the time James will return my comments with his. Tom, owner of Friday's Weekend Roundup, here, almost always shows up.

My other Little Blogs:  JIM'S LITTLE PHOTO AND POEM PLACE(Poems, Pictures & Other), jim1Jim1 (my YouTube)Jim's Little Reading Place, Jim's Little Song Place (very little action), and JIM'S LITTLE HAPPY PLACE 

Grapes for Mrs. Jim's bridge group 


Grapes for us, our home consumption 

A Favorite:  Lots of grapes today. 


 
Tom's suggestion,"Loud":  Here is "Mom's" 1974 Mustang II GhiaIt is Loud as I replaced the original rusted out mufflers with straight pipes, only the resonator mufflers are on now.  The Ghia's had a V6 German Ford engine and I had put dual exhausts on it.  

I was the first owner, Mom wanted me to buy her a stick shift Ford car from the lease cars turned in for the Spring of 1975.  I worked for Ford Aerospace at NASA Houston then and some of our executives were encouraged to lease a new Ford every year.

Mom didn't trust the automatic transmission in the car Dad had purchased as she couldn't tell what gear it was in and was afraid it might be choosing the wrong gear at times.  

Oh yes, it only has 67K miles, Mom didn't take it out of town.  She died in 1999 and when Dad died in 2009, at age 97, I became the owner again.  



Reflections and/or Street Photos/Candid Captures:  A "Walk Picture" that I took Saturday evening; it is a pedestrian trail bridge over the now fairly low water stream but come a heavy rain the water could be up to the top of the excavation sides.  Its purpose is for rainwater retention as a means of flood control. 

Both sides of the ditch have a sidewalk like trail for walking.  I used the one on the left Saturday night as I walked the mile plus a little home from church.  There are several miles of trails.  

O yes, there are a multitude of turtles that hang out under and near the bridge.  Also, the black ducks like to be near in hopes a walker or runner will stop to feed them a bit.  Click on the picture to make it larger and you will see better one of the ducks on the right side bank just before the bridge.  Also at the end of the bridge are a man and a boy with their dog.  


A Lagniappe: These are the Last two pieces of my egg and cheese sandwich.   I cook the egg in the microwave in a sprayed dish, 66 seconds at 60 percent power.  Cover it while cooking as it may "pop" one time, or more.  Use one slice of toasted bread for open face, two for a regular sandwich.  

When finished cooking lay a slice of American cheese on top while still hot in the dish.  Remove it on lay cheese down on the prepared toast.  I prepare the bottom slice with low fat mayo, the top with a couple of restaurant packs of catsup.  Slice into two pieces. 

Voilà!! A wonderful sandwich in less than 10 minutes preparation, even for two.  You could embellish with a slice or two ham, chicken, or even a sausage patty.  They are good on a biscuit if you have some.  
_ _ _ _  
The Fine Print:   

 - [Click on any picture for larger, click it again for extra-large.] 
 - The pictures mostly are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law. 
 - I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Traveler" (click here, Link, for Tom's Weekend Reviews) 
 - I am also linking again this week with James of "Weekend Reflections/Street Photos" (click here for his Street Folk and Reflections Photos).
..

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments:
Lots of good stuff in this post. Great reflection! I suddenly have a craving for grapes.
 
I love that bridge picture!
 
Jim That is a fantastic reflection shot and I saw the ducks without enlarging the shot. I alos love eating grapes and they are so hanady to take on picnic's My link this week (a bit late) is My link is https://birdingforpleasure.blogspot.com/2023/03/weekend-reflections-and-weekend-roundup_24.html i hope you are having a great week.
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?