Friday, May 26, 2023

Letter "U" -- Friday's Weekend Roundup 10 / Reflections and-or Street/Candid Captures

 - Tom's Requests: Starts with "U"; A Favorite; and Tom's suggestion, "U"gly. 
 - James' request, Reflections and/or Street Photos/Candid Captures.  
   _ _ _ _ 


Starts with "U":    "U" will be for Umbrella today.  Last year there were three, these two shortened type but I lost my black one, left it on a  bus  in London,, and now I use the one on the right.  

It was Mrs. Jim's, but it became tricky to open so we got her a new one like the tricky one. Now I use the older one instead of buying a new one.  

Her newer one has identification stickers, one is on the handle's end, you see the white glob on the end.


A Favorite:   I hope you won't accuse me of being vane by posting a photo of myself. But it is my favorite.  We, Mrs. Jim and I, were on the Sydney, Australia, ferry that goes around to the other side of Sidney peninsula. The bridge takes one over
 to an Island (??) to the north. 



James' request, Reflections: Don't say a muddy puddle won't give off a Reflection.   I was at the back of our library and noticed this mother duck herding her eleven baby ducklings over for a swim.  According to our newspaper this was the first time to come to Texas after a four-year hiatus.  

Something "Light":  Kids Advice on Love and Marriage
================================= 

HOW DO YOU DECIDE WHOM TO MARRY?

No person really decides before they grow up who 
they're going to marry. God decides it all way before, 
and you get to find out later who you're stuck with.
* Kirsten, age 10
Tom's suggestion, "Ugly":   Colors, Ugly and broken.  Why do I use them?  
See my 2018 poem below or go here.
 

    "Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Colour my World -- a Poem for Tuesday

https://www.flickr.com/photos/tabor-roeder/16462767919

Composing with Color

Why do I use broken crayons to write
Colors in small pieces I've lost their names
Their wrappers are gone they're no longer proud
Now looking dull still for me they'll wax bright

It's for those bright hues on paper they leave
I'm inspired to fashion my morning thoughts
Evening ones too, even in midday's heat
Mournful sticks colorful hues they invoke

That the color shows through to those who read
That their thoughts and dreams can depart this world
Mono-colored and ugly bit brightened
My hope for them those broken crayons bring

"Thanks" to those small naked pieces of wax
You have lightened the young and old and me 
 
 _ _ _ _
 
                           (more)

  - Photos and Poem Copyright, 2018 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved
    (see above link for source of my PrintScreen Photo)
  - I'm linked with Pat (willow_switches) at the Real Toads, 
http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2018/06/tuesday-platform-colour-world-in-words.html

8 comments:

  1. Yes, I remember those crayons, I didn't like them at all. I liked new unused crayons. But of course you are right, "they'll wax bright." Your poem colors the world bright.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even small bits can create colourful scenes. Cool one, Jim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me right at the first stanza - what a way to just stop and swoop in and see the beauty for what it is, less than picture perfect - but whoop! it takes the brave heart and curious mind to say, hey, grab me this and let's play anyhow - because any colour is better than none at all.

    fun poem Jim :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I need some crayons to feel happy again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm inspired to fashion my morning thoughts
    Evening ones too, even in midday's heat

    Colors have a way of extending its kaleidoscopic hues to dampen sadness and loneliness. If only one gives time for its presence, it is a good pay-off!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sadness of crayons for me was that favorite colours wore down too quickly leaving me with greens and browns (which I dare not use) with my colour blindness problem lest I be laughed at. It didn't help as they laughed anyway with seas and sands and skies but no trees or bushes or leaves anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always kept the small pieces of crayon and memorized their names, like an orange called 'bitter sweet' - the first oxymoron I learnt.

    ReplyDelete 
  8. Every house hold should have crayons with kids and without. Clever and colorful write Jim!!

    ReplyDelete "
The Fine Print:   

 - [Click on any picture for larger, click it again for extra-large.] 
 - The pictures mostly are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law. 
 - I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Traveler" (click here, Link, for Tom's Weekend Reviews) 
 - I am also linking again this week with James of "Weekend Reflections/Street Photos" (click here for his Street Folk and Reflections Photos).
.. 

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments:
..Jim I forgot about UMBRELLAS. We went to our granddaughter's field hockey game that was played in the rain. There were plenty of UMBRELLAS!
...a trip to Sydney sure was a favorite.
...colors make the world a bit less UGLY for sure!
Thanks Jim for stopping by.
 
Sydney a wonderful City to visit. I loved it there when my daughter adn her family lived there. 11 duckling to herd. WOW! What a job and a lovely reflection Jim. I hope you have a lovely week ahead and thanks for your comments.
 
Hi Jim you are welcome at Sunday Smiles every Sunday

HERE

Much💖love
 
Great picture of you with the Sydney Opera House in the background!
 
I appreciate your posting a picture of yourself. I like the ducklings too.
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?