Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Two Shoes Tuesday # 12 -- "Gather"

.


Gather round for Thanksgiving.  What is your favorite desert?  Mine would be a nice 'Coconut Cream Pie' either homemade or store bought.  Store bought IF it came from an Luby's Cafeteria in-house bakery would be wonderful.

I also like banana creme pie and apple pie.  And Thanksgiving would not be complete without either pumpkin or sweet potato pie.  Pumpkin pie is my favorite vegetable.

If your mind cannot conjure up a picture of a nice tasting banana creme pie, click this link, http://food.sndimg.com/img/recipes/14/97/9/large/picCUBCXa.jpg , to see a nice pie. Photo by Sharlene~W. (Food.com link)

This may be banana week for me.  Sunday I posted a picture story about two plush toy fuzzy monkeys eating bananas.  Scroll down to the previous or click here.



These bananas are Dole brand.  We get a lot of these coming into the Galveston Sea Port.  I imagine more still come in through the Houston Ship Channel to the Port of Houston.

I like Chiquita brand bananas the best. That may be because of an old song, too old (1944) for most of you to have heard, about Chiquita Bananas. The same goes for pineapple and cantaloupe also. 
...

Chiquita Banana (1944)
sung by Carmen Miranda

I'm Chiquita banana and I've come to say
Bananas have to ripen in a certain way
When they are fleck'd with brown and have a golden hue Bananas taste the best and are best for you
You can put them in a salad
You can put them in a pie-aye
Any way you want to eat them
It's impossible to beat them
But, bananas like the climate of the very, very tropical equator
So you should never put bananas in the refrigerator

http://www.lyricstime.com/carmen-miranda-chiquita-banana-lyrics.html
..
This posting is for this week's round of Two Shoes Tuesday... a place to share what we enjoy doing most... writing! Each week we have a one-word writing prompt and are asked by Josie to share a short story, poem, essay, thought, or photo relating to that topic. 

The writing prompt for Tuesday, November 20th,
in honor of Thanksgiving, is "gather" 
 
Find Josie's list of participants here: 
 http://www.josie2shoes.com/2012/11/two-shoes-tuesday-12-gather.html 
 
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!!!

Comments:
The only pie I met that I didn't care for was mincemeat! Janice here visiting from my new blog.
Wishing you a great Thanksgiving Jim :))
 
Both the pies look great...Yummy in fact. I am in Australia so Thanksgiving is not celebrated here. We grow our own bananas but they are 4 or 5 times the cost here (must be our wages!).
 
Happy Thanksgiving Dr Jim. You've made very good choices of your deserts. Yummy all round!

Hank
 
We can buy Dole brand bananas in Singapore too.

Happy Thanksgiving, Dr and Mrs Jim :)
 
Now you've made me very hungry! :-) Coconut cream pie is Papa Bear's favorite, pumpkin pie is my favorite vegetable too! Have you eaten sweet potato pie? It tastes even better! I remember that Chiquita Banana song, and it made me smile to think of it. We are so blessed to have a bounty of good foods to eat, thank you for sharing this reminder! I wish you and Mrs. Jim a wonderful Thanksgiving!
 
My favorite pie is pumpkin pie with vanilla ice cream. I intend on having a delicious slice of same on Thursday. Oh yes I am.

Have a terrific day. :)
 
LOVE this take on gather! ANY cream pie is my favorite!!
 
I remember that banana song! Hey my favorite is everything but coconut. sandie
 
My favorite pie is Coconut!!! for sure!!! Not much on banana anything, except banana nut bread. And can you believe, I do not like pumpkin pie, though I always try to have one JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO HAVE PUMPKIN PIE ON THANKSGIVING!!!
have a wonderful day!
 
Happy Thanksgiving, Dr and Mrs Jim :)
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?