The 22nd issue of Weekend Roundup for this year...
The week's prompts:
(1) Starts with "V"; (2) A Favorite; and (3) Violet
(1) Starts with "V": Here is a picture of our Vinca Flower bed in a backyard bed next to the house. It all came up as Volunteer plants from seeds dropped by our last year's plants. [Click on any picture for a larger view. Your back button gets you back if needed.]
(2) A Favorite: Our upcoming Virtuoso. She is my sister Lois' great grandchild. She was in town yesterday and we had a small family get-together at her daughter's house.
While a bunch of us were eating cheeseburgers and hot dogs SJ came bursting in and started playing which consisted of banging the keys. I suggested that we all get up and sing to accompany our young player. But no one at our table wanted to sing so we didn't.
(3) Violet: I have only known one lady named Violet. That is excepting the TV character on the British sitcom, "Keeping up appearances," 1990 to 1995. There Violet was the wealthy seldom seen sister of the main character, Hyacinth.
The Violet I knew (but only got to see here a few times) was a cousin of my dad. The last time I saw her was at her home. Violet was driving but didn't drive in Omaha because she was 98 years old then. She did live to be over 100 but I wasn't informed of her death..
The end, that's all for tonight.
The fine print: - I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Travel" (Link to Weekend Review)
- The pictures are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law.
- Click on any picture to make it "full screen" sized. Click on your "Back" button to get back here.
Labels: Family, Flowers-buds-plants, Jim Does, Weekend Roundup 01