Friday, April 15, 2016
Friday’s Hunt v1.16 [Girl things] -- "P" is for ...
(1) In motion:
This was at Hyde Park, London, U.K. It was at a little two ride amusement machine set up right outside the playground and snack area.
Her ride cost 1.50£ and it was fairly busy. The other ride at 2.00£ was a carousel but she didn't ride it.
We had spent the afternoon at the National Science Museum (free admission--link) and walked through the park on the way home.
KP loves rocket, space ships, and astronauts. She told me that she wants to be an astronaut when she grows up. That would suit me fine, an ex NASA aerospace engineer. (I worked in Flight Control at the Johnson Manned Space Center at Houston before I resigned after SkyLab and began teaching business courses at our local community college, San Jacinto College.)
Now flash back 34 years when KP's mom, our daughter, raced her pinewood derby car. It was a winner.
(2) Week's Favorite: Girl jokes here. Back when we were young. I've only heard girls doing this a long time ago.
- Prank Caller Girl: Hello, do you have Prince Albert in the can?
- Called Tabac (shop) (Definition link): Yes, we do.
- Prank Caller Girl: You should let him out of the can, that's not nice to keep him canned up.
(3) Starts with "P": Pom-poms
The Fine Print:
- Teresa of Eden Hills is running this meme, Friday's Hunt. Her rules are: "Welcome to linkup for Friday’s Hunt. It’s very simple. Anyone can participate. The link opens at 7pm Central time and will close Sunday at 7pm, so you have plenty of time to enter."
- The Mr. Linky address here has a list of others who are participating if you would to read what these folk are doing for the Friday post.
Wednesday, April 13, 2016
Take a walk on the semi-wild side ~~ Warm Heart Wednesday No. 022
So anyway, I thought I'd share my walk pictures with you. Both Mrs. Jim's and my doctor's orders are to walk a half hour and to do that five days a week. Guess we doubled up. That might be a bit far for some of you but we are getting in practice 'in case' we go traveling this summer.
All this and more walking trails are within a three mile radius our home.
The fine print: . . .
Warm Heart Wednesday for the week of March 30. Click here, http://jennymatlock.blogspot.com/ , for links of others or for directions to join with a post of your own. There Ms. Jenny is our teacher.