Friday, September 09, 2016
~~ Friday’s Hunt v.2.11 -- "K" is for ...
First, last week's vote:
1st _The Little Rabbit_(click here)
2nd _The Watermelon__(click here)
3rd _1937 Ford Advertisement_(here)_and_(Tie)_The Toad Stool_(here)
5Tt _The Indifferent Smart Alek Owl_(click here)
(1) Starts with "K" : Kind of Korny here today. Two choices:
First, Kansas. Only this ain't Kansas, it's going to be Louisiana. It is just around the bend, for hundreds of miles.
Second, Keyhole views.
- The first two (left, below) are from the upstairs in our church. That's Second Baptist Church Houston, 1463 Campus (link)
- The lower picture is looking our back window, across the back porch, of our house. The big bird-like creature swimming there is a giant pool toy Swan.
Now you know?
[click on pictures for larger viewing size]
(2) Week's Favorite: Monday here in the U.S. was Labor Day.
In honor of Labor Day Mrs. Jim wanted to do something American so we had a hamburger.
We went to a Sandwich and Drink like place, Willies', Willie's Grill & Icehouse. Most Texas ice houses are in a place where the front or side doors are garage type and will open into a garden seating and eating area. Not Willie's, it has an open wall to the outdoor eating area. We ate inside.
Mrs. Jim had a coupon for hamburgers and fries (French fries) for $5.00 a plate. I had a cheeseburger, it was 50c more. They made up for this a little bit, as fountain drinks were $2.29 each.
A man in the party across from us had "Texas Tea." On the way out I asked what Texas Tea was, she said a shot and a half vodka mixed with lemonade.
When we got home I looked on the menu and found that the Vodka they used was "Deep Eddy Sweet Tea Vodka (link)." I haven't had Texas Tea and probably won't ever. Our neighbor introduced us to the "Arnold Palmer" though, it is non-alcoholic, half lemonade and half ice tea, which tastes quite good to me.
(3) Yellow or Gold: It's a Yellow late 70's model Chevy Super Vette Barby Car that was our daughters when she was young. It was an electric, 2 D Cells, 'remote control on a wire.' The car now has a problem, probably a wire open or came loose, that affects the steering.
It isn't real special but it and the pumpkins rate the top shelf place in the hall closet. Toilet paper isn't that special to rate top shelf, but it may come in handy when the hall powder room runs low on paper. It is right across the hall and has no shelf or drawer space. That is subject to change but it will involve a carpenter's help. I don't remember what the black plastic thing is and I'm not at home right now to look.
_ _ _ _ _
- Teresa of Eden Hills, (click) is running this meme, Friday's Hunt. Her rules are: "Welcome to linkup for Friday’s Hunt. It’s very simple. Anyone can participate. The link opens at 7pm Central time and will close Sunday at 7pm, so you have plenty of time to enter.