Friday, October 06, 2017
~~ Friday’s Hunt v.4.14 -- "N" is for ...
(1) Starts with "N"; (2) Silhouette; and (3) Sky
(1) Starts with "N": Nebraska!!! I was born in Nebraska and lived there until I was drafted into the Army. This license plate was on Mom's 1974 Mustang II Ghia, now mine, (picture). I found the plate when I was cleaning out my 1950 Ford to sell (link, scroll down).
The barn here early on was used for the draft horses that Dad used to farm with, pulling plows and other farm equipment, and wagons. The horses were housed on the near side to us, West.
About two/thirds of the other half (East) was stations for the milking cows to eat in while we milked them. The remaining with the small door on the southeast corner was used for the small calves. It was in there that we taught them to drink from a bucket.
I was born on this Nebraska farm, in the house that frequents my blogs (link)
Picture at right from "12 Unwritten Rules Every Nebraskan Lives By ‘Til Death" [click picture for large] [click here to read the other eleven]
(2) Silhouette: My winter tree is silhouetted against the sky, hovering over the ducks swimming in the Potomac.
(3) Sky: A cold cloudy day in Washington D.C.
- - - - - -
The Fine Print:
- Teresa of Eden Hills, (click) is running this meme, Friday's Hunt. Her rules are: "Welcome to linkup for Friday’s Hunt. It’s very simple. Anyone can participate. The signing in link opens at 7pm Friday Central time and will close Sunday at 7pm." You can read others' posts there any time.