Saturday, August 02, 2014
Six Word Saturday -- Prices and saving ¢¢¢
"Food prices (are) rising, food manufacturers are making sure consumers stomach the extra costs.
Almost all perishable foods - dairy, meats, fruits and vegetables - have seen price increases because of the drought out West, continued high oil and gas prices and diseases affecting crops or livestock.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics says the price of a pound of ground beef increased 16.5 percent to $3.85 in May compared with a year earlier. In the same period, a pound of Navel oranges increased 28.1 percent to $1.34, while a pound of American cheese increased 11.1 percent to $4.51."
More here: MSN Money's "Sneaky ways food companies make you eat price increases" (http://money.msn.com/personal-finance/sneaky-ways-food-companies-make-you-eat-price-increases)
another Six Words:
1. Eat "store brands." Kroger has changed their packaging. We eat both their graham crackers and their soda crackers. We also get a 10% Senior Discount on their store brands.
2. Be innovative. We like grapes with peanut butter on them. Chocolate is fine too. Or on graham crackers.
3. Shop sale items. My last Kroger visit "saved" $8.86.
4. Use Kroger gas for the cars. This month we have 515 "Fuel Points" which will give us 50¢ per gallon discount. When not using them we still get a 3¢ discount minimum on each purchase while saving up our points. Side point: 515 "Fuel Points" means we have spent $515 or more for groceries, medicines, and most supplies, excluding 'fuel', at Kroger stores this month.
Monday, July 28, 2014
Soon L B road kill
- - - - - -
140 characters and spaces counted and spell checked by MicroSoft Word.
µ-fiction Stories Copyright © 2014 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved
- - - - - -
- Picture prompt and Word of the Week, wobble , were furnished by GMa -
- GMa's Succinctly Yours Week 175 has links to other posts and gives the rules -
- Rules: Use the photo as inspiration for a story. Maximum of 140 characters OR 140 words