The 18th issue of Weekend Roundup for this year...
The week's prompts:
(1) Starts with "R"; (2) A Favorite; and (3) Red
(1) Starts with "R": Rabbit starts with "R". We have had a lot of chocolate ones over Easter holidays but the real Rabbits remain. They love Mrs. MaGoo's, a.k.a. Mrs. Jim's, Garden.
[Google results from a "Mrs. MaGoo's Garden" search]
Last year Rabbit ate our Pansies, this year they are working hard on the Daffodils. They pretty well are leaving the Marigolds alone. We also have Vincas, sometimes called "periwinkles", coming up by seed from last year, they do not eat those.
[Left, KP's Easter Rabbit from "Build-a-Bear -- Right, grocery store display of chocolate bunnies.]
(2) A Favorite: My favorite for this week is Mustang. I have two, a Green and Cream 1974 Ford Mustang II Ghia, and a Black 1998 Ford GT Convertible. For their ages, they are low mileage, 76K for the Ghia and 107K for the Convertible.
The green one is the one I bought for Mom as she didn't trust Dad's car with an automatic to be running in the right gear. It was a Ford employee lease car turned in when the '75's came out. I had a lot of seniority with Ford then, I was a Senior Aerospace Engineer with Ford at NASA Houston.
The Black one is my retirement present for me, from me. It belonged to a young lady who had already put 49K miles on it in two years. Now eighteen years later it has 112K, meaning that I put 63K miles on it in 18 years, or just over 6,222 miles a year. Not bad for Houston distances. I drove one-way 75 miles to work. But then we did have other cars too, a pickup and a passenger car then. I finally sold my little S-10 Chevy pickup, it had over 300,000 miles.
(3) Red: This is a Red Headed something. I'm not artistic but I do think it could turn into art. Use this picture for a beginning and draw, color, paint, and/or cut as you like. You might try it. Or use your own fruit the next time you eat one. What ever it was I think we ate it.
I made the body as a paper doll cutout using only one, not a string of them. I had in mind photographing the figure with the cut open fruit as a head.
I couldn't Remember what the fruit was but was thinking tomato. Readers are suggesting it was a Red Bell Pepper and I also am now thinking that's what it was.
Above, right, is the head only, you can click on it to make it larger.
_ _ _ _
The fine print:
- I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Travel" (Link to Weekend Review 2018)- The pictures are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law.
- Click on most any picture to make it "full screen" sized. Click on your "Back" button to get back here.
Labels: Animals, Cars, Holiday Posts, Jim Does, KP, Mustang, Toys, Weekend Roundup 01