Friday, October 12, 2018
Weekend Roundup -- 15-18(b) (for letter "O") -- Reflections too
(1) Starts with "O": Oldsmobile starts with "O". Here in the lower left is the bumper of a 1981 Olds Cutlass. We had one of these and after we used it for many, many miles we sold it for $200 to a young couple. It was exactly, color scheme and all, like the one pictured on the right, here is linked a source for more, (since we've had two more Olds, later models)(Oldsmobile is no more, it was killed during General Motors Bankruptcy proceedings), "https://www.wallpaperup.com/571084/1981_Oldsmobile_Cutlass_Calais.html ".
(2) A Favorite: One favorite sandwich is an Oyster Poboy. This is half my order of an Oyster Poboy and Onion Rings. These are cooked Louisiana style in Alexandria, Louisiana, where we went last weekend for Mrs. Jim's family reunion. Mrs. Jim and I shared the order, there were eleven fairly large fried oysters on the whole thing.
Another of my favorites is the Fried Onion Rings but I hardly ever eat them now. I just eat the rings raw. Same fiber and nutrition without the fat in the frying.
(3) Open: "Open" these doors, please. I want to see what lies behind. (There is an open upper window in the yellow house.)
These house were around the corner from Pablo Neruda's home at Valparaiso, Chile. We shared a taxi with another lady and drove all over town, for a whole afternoon [for that afternoon go to (4) in my last season's post, click here].
(4) Reflections: This Reflection is sort of rippley, it was taken at the Harbor at La Serenta, Chile. Some went from there to excursions at Coquimbo but we stayed at the Harbor town and did not go on. I loved the Overturned boat, now a day resting place for the BTW, this is the Atlantic Ocean nestling in at the cove.
- - - - - The end, that's all for tonight
- I am also linked this week with Weekend Reflections, http://weekendreflection.blogspot.com/ for my Reflections Photo.
- Photos and Poem Copyright, © Jimmiehov 2018, All Rights Reserved
- Click on any picture to make it "full screen" sized. Click on your "Back" button to get back here