Friday, January 26, 2018
Weekend Roundup -- 04-18 (for letter "D")
(1) Starts with "D": Dinosaur and Dragon start with "D". We found this little fellow at Puntarenas, our seaport in Costa Rica.
Our itinerary is pictured below with "Details"
Actually it is a friendly Iguana that roams the streets in town. We saw two, both were in the grass over by our ship. We did not go on an excursion here, we had done that before, an afternoon trip into the rain forest.
(2) A Favorite: For this post, our ship, the Crown Princess is the favorite. It was a large ship but we needed the room going from Los Angeles, California, to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (Google link).
Our favorite stop was at the Falkland Islands where we took a trip through the marshes out to the Penguin Preserve. It was wonderful, a 31 day trip. We had a balcony, it was needed to keep from feeling cooped up. (Pictures 1)(Pictures 2)(Google Pictures)
(3) Details: Details of our 31 day cruise are summarized (can you summarize details? Oxymoron?) by reading our Itinerary in conjunction with viewing the accompanying maps.
According to Wikipedia (read more), "Dinuguan is a Filipino savory stew of pork offal (typically lungs, kidneys, intestines, ears, heart and snout) and/or meat simmered in a rich, spicy dark gravy of pig blood, garlic, chili (most often siling mahaba), and vinegar ..." We might call it "blood stew."
_ _ _ _ _ _
- I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Travel" (Link )
- The pictures are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law.
- Click on any picture to make it "full screen" sized. Click on your "Back" button to get back here.