Friday, October 11, 2019
The Letter "O" ~~ Rev 04 - Weekend Roundup and Reflections
- the Letter "O" Prompts are:
(A) Starts with the Letter "O"; (B) A Favorite;
(C) "O" for "Over". (Tom's choice); and (D) Reflections.
(A.1) Starts with the Letter "O": Oranges start with "O". This is KP again showing us the Orange Fruit, Oranges.at our local Sprouts Grocery store.
(B) A Favorite: Our Old House. We bought before the building was finished and were able to make some changes. It was our first owned house, we bought it in 1976 and sold it in 1999 when Mrs. Jim retired.
It flooded once when we owned it, 33 inches of water inside, and later at least two other times. Here it was finishing up with remodeling after the latest flood.
(C) "O" for "Over". (Tom's choice): Historical Moon "Over" homes.
(D) Reflections: My Reflections here are mainly of the trees against the water. We were Driving Over the Atchafalaya River Flood Basin. Pretty full. The Atchafalaya flows into the Mississippi River in the Baton Rouge area, before New Orleans.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _
My Two Questions (you can answer just one if you'd like):
1. Has you home ever flooded? or your car? Our home in the picture flooded in the 1979 Claudia Tropical Flood. We lived in Galveston County then. We also lost three cars and a motorcycle because the water in the street was much deeper than that in our driveway. My 1969 Ford Thunderbird may have been resurected, I know the fellow in the junk yard was going to get the motorcycle going again.
2. Do you take pictures in the grocery store, perhaps for your blog or for some other reason that you would like to write about? If you do not take pictures in the stores why not? I take them mostly for my blog. A few I take because I just want to remember this event. But then generally I cannot find the picture when I want it..
1. What is your favorite "O" word? "Over" is my favorite "O" word because being over is just nice. Most times there is freedom in being over.
2. What are your thoughts about Oranges? Often I think of Christmas because when we were small there would generally be one in our hanging stockings.
_ _ _
The fine print:
- [Click on any picture for larger, click it again for extra large]
- I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Travel" (Link to Tom's Weekend Reviews)
- The pictures are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law.
- I am also linked this week with James at Weekend Reflections, http://weekendreflection.blogspot.com/ for my Reflections Photo.- Photos and Text Copyright, © Jimmiehov 2019, All Rights Reserved