Starts with "I"; A Favorite; and Inside
(1) Starts with "I": Insidious starts with "I". We ran into some Insidious pricing at the grocery story this week. One can of tomato paste is 33 cents or you can purchase three cans for $1.00.
Insidious: adjective (http://www.dictionary.com/browse/insidious )
The store will get an extra penny when the customer buys three and the customer is supposed to think he/she is getting a small bargain. Huh!
1. intended to entrap or beguile:
2. stealthily treacherous or deceitful:
3. operating or proceeding in an inconspicuous or seemingly harmless way but actually with grave effect:
an insidious disease.
This is a favorite poem that I wrote back in 2011. I've posted it twice and referenced it occasionally in my blogs, ( link, also click it above)
(3) Inside: Picture of three generations, our daughter, our granddaughter, and my wife, Mrs. Jim.
Inside the house of course.
Daughter, Karen, has had bunion surgery a couple of weeks ago. These two, and others, have been doing a good job of keeping Karen cheered up.
I did make a Google Search for a logo of the Isetta. Most seem to be the BMW variety though some collectors have found others. I could not readily find a good one to show except for the BMW so I have decided not to put on here. Here is a link to my search, [click here].
_ _ _ _
The fine print:
- I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Travel" (Link to Weekend Review 2/16/2018)- The pictures are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law.
(4) Lagniappe: I will post my little extra here by giving reference to the Isetta Car (starts with "I"). It is out of production but was quite popular for a time. There were a few imported to the U.S. but we didn't make them here. Read the whole article here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isetta
- Click on any picture to make it "full screen" sized. Click on your "Back" button to get back here.
Labels: Birds, Cars, Jim Does, Poem, Shopping, Weekend Roundup 01