Friday, August 09, 2019
The Letter "F" ~~ Rev 04 - Weekend Roundup and Reflections
The 32nd issue of Weekend Roundup for this year... (THE SIXTH LETTER FOR THIS SERIES)
- the Letter "F" Prompts are:
(A) Starts with the Letter "F"; (B) A Favorite; (C) "F" for "Full" (Tom's choice); and (D) Reflections.
(A) Starts with the Letter "F":
(1) Fruit starts with the letter "F". This is a small Fruit plate/basket that KP served me at the Children's Museum Café (see below, Favorite).
You are seeing two strawberries, a piece of French style Cherry Pie, and a slice of Watermelon.
(2) Figs also start with the letter "F". I like Figs raw but I like them better as a Fig Preserve that I can spread onto bakery or bread items.
In the picture you are seeing our daughter's appetizers of the 'perfect figs' from Central Market. She slipped them and put them on a goat cheese bed atop thin slices German rye bread. The final touch was pour of Bonne Mamam Honey. Really good, I almost overdosed.
I found out forty years ago that I DO NOT have a green thumb. I planted two Fig trees, the first the Southwestern Bell installer ran over it with his tractor digger and broke it to the ground. The second little tree died of natural or unnatural causes, we did not do an autopsy.
(B) A Favorite: Yesterday we visited the Houston Children's Museum branch at Sugar Land, Texas. KP was hosting, Mrs. Jim had a Taco but she had brought in her own Diet Coke from MacDonald's where we had a larger lunch (an Egg McMuffin sandwich for each).
KP is our youngest grandchild. This is her Favorite children's museum, even over the larger Houston Children's Museum in the Museum District of Houston. Although smaller, this one is less crowded also.
(C) "F" for "Full" (Tom's choice): I was an engineer with Ford Aerospace working at NASA Houston with other engineers for 17 years.
The engineer joke says "The difference between Cowboys and Engineers is where to find the manure on their boots. The cowboys have manure on the outside, the engineers' boots are Full of it on the inside."
Accountants and lawyers jokes are even more stupid.
(D) Reflections: In the picture you are seeing a Reflection of a pretty street in Bellaire, Texas. The business had been a barber shop and hair styling salon. The note in the window says they will not be open for business until further notice.
My Two Questions for this week (you can answer just one if you wish):
1. Do your grandchildren (children if you are young enough to have some smaller ones or can still remember that) like going to Museums? My two oldest granddaughters went to Europe with us when each of them was sixteen. Both very quickly got tired of all the Museums we would visit .
2. What is your taste preference towards Figs? At times they are my favorite fruit.
1. What is your favorite "F" word? (Careful, no vulgarities here please.)
2. Does your profession have a Favorite joke you would like to tell?
The fine print:
- [Click on any picture for larger, click it again for extra large]
- I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Travel" (Link to Tom's Weekend Reviews) - The pictures are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law.
- I am also linked this week with James at Weekend Reflections, http://weekendreflection.blogspot.com/for my Reflections Photo.
- Photos and Poem Copyright, © Jimmiehov 2019, All Rights Reserved
- Click on most any picture to make it "full screen" sized. Click on your "Back" button to get back here..