Saturday, February 25, 2012
Charlotte Holiday Trip # 3— Six Word Saturday —
My Six Words:
We drove to Charlotte, N.C, and back
starting Tuesday morning, November 22, 2011, and returning Saturday night, December 3. Charlotte is 1313 miles from our home.
After that we spent the night at Asheville, N.C, after visiting the the old Biltmore Hotel. The next morning we visited this church, the Billy Graham Chapel (Chatlos Memorial Chapel) in Asheville, NC, at The Cove. It rarely is used for religious services now. It is mostly used as a tourist attraction.
Describe your life (or something) in a phrase using just six words for Six Word Saturday. Click the box at right to visit Cate's blog with Mr. Linky showing all the other blogs participating this week. Cate is the boss at Six Word Saturday. She would like for you to participate.
Thursday, February 23, 2012
Thursday Memes -- Things in a row -- Two Questions
I went to my orthopedic surgeon this Monday afternoon looking for a clearance from rehab. He gave me that and also said don't come back unless my back gets to hurting a lot worse.
He had injected my T-12 vertebrae which had a compression fracture. Before the surgery my back was almost killing me. When I would sit up from laying down it felt like my spine was holding the world much like Mr. Atlas of old.
While the doc was out looking at my X-Rays I spotted this plastic spine laying on the edge of the sink. It seemed perfect for a things in a row post. Then looking out the window at the parking lot and saw the rows of cars. Of course the venetian blind had rows of shades.
On the way home I saw the haphazard row of signs and Viola, another rows picture for the blog.
You will see below that the traffic lights were also in rows with the Jack-in-the-Box sign in the middle. I think I like the style of the Jack-in-the-Box's new sign.
I used to eat their $1.00 chicken sandwiches but not any more. Now I eat Wendy's 99c Everyday Value Meal Monterey Ranch Crispy Chicken Sandwich. I hold the sauce and ask for BBQ sauce on the side (in a packet) instead. Much better than Jack-in-the-Box's.
Besides, Wendy's around here give a 10% senior discount. A few give a free fountain drink instead of the discount. Wendy's Menu.
For more things in a row please visit Pat's Things in a Row post. You might like to post your own 'Things in a Row.'
- - - - - - - -
And now for my Thursday Two Questions: (See Thursday Two Questions by Poetic Shutterbug for more reading. You could also make your own by checking in at this link.)
Last week we answered questions about our car colors and how long we kept them. Most were like we are, keep them until the wheels are about to fall off. And the bonus question, most like us weren't doing much Mardi Gras celebrating.
My two questions for this week:
1. Have you taken pictures in a doctor's office or other strange place to put on your blog?
2. What do you think about Jack-in-the-Box versus Wendy's. Is there a place you'd rather go?
1. All the time I take pictures for the blog. Doctors' offices for sure. It took Mrs. Jim a while to get used to this. Now she just smiles. I think she really loves me. Tomorrow we celebrate our 39th wedding anniversary.
2. MacDonald's and Wendy's are about tied for first. Even so, Taco Bell's 99c tacos are the best fast food going.
How many digital cameras have you had for taking blog pictures?
I am now on my third pocket camera. They went Kodak, Sony, Sony.
Adi, our beagle knocked the Kodak off the shelf. The first Sony was just plain worn out as I had to tape the buttons on. The second Sony isn't as good but sure is easy to use-a Sony CyberShot DSC-560 that takes 14.1 MPix. I have it throttled down to 5 MPix.
Tuesday, February 21, 2012
Yesterday — MidWeek Blues —
1. I was FINALLY able to get a 2012 NAPA Calendar. Because I was driving very much after my back pain episode I missed out on them at my favorite NAPA store in Conroe.
Last Friday I went to their other store in Montgomery to see if by any chance they had some left. They did not but the nice parts counter fellow said that he would ask (someone). He made a call and said he would have me one that afternoon.
It was Monday, yesterday, before I could get in to pick it up. You will be seeing if off and on here when I like one of the cars. Past calendars I've posted are here.
2. I am through with my rehab therapy for my after surgery stuff. The physical therapist said to continue the exercises that he had taught me and to walk for 30 minutes a day.
My doctor concurred saying to walk at least 30 minutes at least five days a week. He knew that we were soon going back to London and said that I should get another pair of nice walking shoes. I showed him my fairly new ones but he said I needed a spare to use when those were drying out after getting them wet walking around on rainy days.
3. Mrs. Jim's doctor's office called her on the results of her bone density tests. Her doctor also said that she should start walking for 30 minutes a day. So now we both have each other as walking partners. Mrs. Jim is in better shape than me so she walks faster than I do. But she waits for me or walks slower, at least last night she did.
Sunday, February 19, 2012
The Milwaukee Revolution Danny gang rolled. Miss Meatball Danielle Revolute` was holding the money cup.
Pay or leave town if you're behind.
- - - - - - -
µ-fiction Story Copyright
© 2012 Jimmiehov
All Rights Reserved
°Written for Succinctly Yours – Week 48
°The word of the week, 'Revolution', and the picture were selected by Grandma.
°It's posted on her blog, Grandma's Goulash
°Her Rules: Use the photo as inspiration for a story of 140 characters OR 140 words. It doesn’t have to be exactly 140, just not more.
°Using the word of the week is not required. This week I elected to use it, sort of.