Friday, November 01, 2019
The Letter "R" ~~ Weekend Roundup and Reflections
(THE EIGHTEENTH LETTER FOR THIS SERIES)
- the Letter "R" Prompts are:
(A) Starts with the Letter "R"; (B) A Favorite;
(C) "R" for '"R"ed' (Tom's choice); and (D) Reflections
(A.2) Starts with the Letter "R": Robbed, Robbery, and Robbers start with the letter "R".
We were Robbed this last Tuesday, Robbers took/stole the green garbage can showing here. It came with the house and is for Recycle Items. A new one will cost us $65 from the garbage disposal company.
(A.3) Also starts with Letter "R": This little Rabbit (look closely, at the Right) found
time to rest from his afternoon Run.
The Rabbits have Free Range of our backyard, as do Alligators. They both were here first and so have been given a lifetime pardon in our Deed Restrictions.
We do use deer and Rabbit Repellent on our flowers that to them are better eating than the stuff in Mr. McGoo's Garden.
So far no alligators here but the Sheriff Department would take them back to the green area waters or to the Brazos Wildlife Park. For sure they won't be killed but they will be Removed if they become mean.
(B) A Favorite: These signs show good RestRoom Rules. I Rated this one a Five (5) because it is our best local just sitting and eating Restaurant, La Madeleine, and that their Restrooms are always clean and picked up and have pictures.
[click on the picture once and then once again for larger sizes]
(C) "R" for '"R"ed' (Tom's choice): A couple of nice old Red Gas Pumps, someplace in Texas.
I picked this up a while back from an online "Only in Texas" website but don't know much more like dates. If I did know I would give credit. There is one for your state, I get Texas, Nebraska, and Louisiana regularly.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _
My Two Questions (you can answer just one if you'd like):
1. What kind of animals are running around in your backyard? Are you allowed to trap or shoot them? Yes. We are plagued with birds and rabbitits. Can't get rid of them, deed restrictions.
2. What type of old things interest you? I am most interested in older cars. I have my mom's 1974 Ford Mustang II in our garage now. It is pristine. I sold my 1950 Ford when we moved here. I also have a 1:16 scale cast iron older model car collection, about 30 cars.
1. What is your favorite "R" word? "R . The Roulett wheel on "Jeopardy" is my favorite.
2. What have you had stolen? Before Mrs jim and I married a thief broke into my apartment and stole my goodies. Another time my motorcycle was stolen, they cut my chain. But the Houston Police knocked on the door, the thief had downed it and he went into a muddy field. == "rrrrrr".
_ _ _ _
The fine print:
- [Click on any picture for larger, click it again for extra large]- I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Travel" (Link to Tom's Weekend Reviews)
- The pictures are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law. - I am also linked this week with James at Weekend Reflections, http://weekendreflection.blogspot.com/ (click here) for his Reflections Photos.
- Photos and Text Copyright, © Jimmiehov 2019, All Rights Reserved