[Mrs. Jim taking a break outside a business in Bergen, Norway]
The 28th issue of Weekend Roundup for this year...
The week's prompts:
(1) Starts with "B": Bergen, Norway, starts with "B". We visited there in August, 2015, while cruising the West Coast of Norway on the Holland America ship, the ms Ryndam. We left from Harwich (London), England, UK and sailed to Norway for an up the coast and back down cruise.
(1) Starts with "B"; (2) A Favorite; and (3) Building
Bergen is a beautiful town, here are some of the pictures we took:
MacDonald's are everywhere, on the left ...............................................
Our ship, Holland America's "ms Ryndam" .
(2) A Favorite: Coconut Crème Pie is one of my favorite pies. Generally the pie I'm eating is favorite for that day. .
The pie was served for dinner on the ms Rhydam. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .(3) Building: This one is a Barn which also starts with "B". I found it pictured at the Imaginary Garden where I am prompted with various words, themes, or written works for inspiration of writing a poem of my own. (Link) I hope you like her pictures there and/or others on her Facebook page referenced there.
This week we were shown various paintings by the artist, Toril Fisher. The poem below I wrote after I studied her plants with roots showing.
It is an artist's rendition of what she thinks a barn she has seen looks like. Often artists paint from a conglomerate of sightings and sounds and writings and paint as they feel lead.
- - - - - - The end, that's all for tonight.
The fine print: - I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Travel" (Link to Tom's Weekend Reviews) - The pictures are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law.
- Click on any picture to make it "full screen" sized. Click on your "Back" button to get back here.
Labels: Flowers-buds-plants, Jim Does, Jim's old home place, Travel, Weekend Roundup 02