Friday, March 20, 2020

The Letter "L" ~~ Weekend Roundup and Reflections

The twelth issue of Weekend Roundup for this year, 2020...

(THE TWELTH LETTER FOR THIS SERIES)
- the Letter "L" Prompts are:
(A) Starts with the Letter "L";
(B) "Lovely" (Tom's choice);
(C) A Favorite; 
(D) Reflections.
_ _ _ _ 



(A) Starts with the Letter "L":   Lot starts with "L".  There is a lot of activity at our neighbor's home.  It sold and our new neighbor is making some changes and doing some painting. 

(B) "Lovely" (Tom's choice): "Isn't she Lovely" by Stevie Wander 
https://youtu.be/IVvkjuEAwgU 


(C) A Favorite:  Another Love, Chocolate.   Of  course the Rabbit is lovely, I'll add him to my collection. ( https://jimmiehov.blogspot.com/search?q=Rabbit&m=1 ).







[Click on pictures to enlarge]
http://jimmiehov.blogspot.com/2006/09/whats-difference-between-bayou-and.html
(D) Reflections:

This is Bayou Lafourche (pronounced-la-foosh) near Napoleonville, Louisiana. It starts at Donaldsonville and runs down to the Gulf of Mexico.

Originally some of the Mississippi River water was diverted into the bayou. A dam was built in 1905 cutting off its major water supply. Without that it becomes the lazy little stream you see here. (link to Bayou Lafourche)

_ _ _ _ 

My Two Questions (you can answer just one if you wish).

(1)  How well do you know your neighbors?    Another easy question for me, it seems we always know a couple real well and the others so so. We are the neighborhood grandpsrents so we know those with kids fairly well

.
(2)  What do you think of when we are discussing "Rabbits"?   I think of all of them that visit our flower beds to eat flowers.  Since LAST TIME I asked this our neighbor put out a dozen pretty yellow flowers.  The next morning all the blooms were eaten.   Two days later the plants were eaten to the ground. 

 Bonus Questions:   
(1) what is your favorite "L" word?  This time 
it will be Love.  I Like the  saying, "Love makes the world go round."

(2)  What comes to mind when you hear "Bayou" mentioned?    Most times I 
think of Louisiana... 


_ _ _ 

The fine print:
 - [Click on any picture for larger, click it again for extra large]
 - I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Travel" (Link to Tom's Weekend Reviews)
 - The pictures are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law. 
 - I am also linked this week with James, (click here for his Reflections Photos).

Comments:
Your Nobunny made me smile :)) Lovely set of photos and I remember so well that song of Stevie Wonder. Happy weekend.
 
Did you say chocolate Jim? Count me in there for some and I love the bunny. L for LORD (Jesus). My nearest neighbour and myself support one another in many ways. Stay safe and have a great week ahead,
 
...Jim, to say that there us a LOT going on these days is an understatement. Stevie Wonder has always been LOVELY to me. The Cadbury bunny should be hopping along any second now. Thanks for stopping by, take care and be safe.
 
1. How well do you know your neighbors? Very well for the most part. Our next door neighbors had the same career as we did, so we worked together for many years. We've been here for 29 years so we've gotten to know one another very well. We watch out for each other.

2. What do you think of when we are discussing "Rabbits"? Our precious Little Bit loved to chase rabbits. That's what I think about when rabbits are mentioned.

Bonus Questions:
1. what is your favorite "L" word? Loyalty. Being loyal is a wonderful thing to give and receive.

2. What comes to mind when you hear "Bayou" mentioned? I think of Louisiana, too. Okay alligators and crocodiles as well.

Have a fabulous weekend, Jim. 😎

 
You live in an attractive neighborhood and it is cool to see the pickups from the Big 3 parked there: Ford, Ram and Chevrolet...Iam fond of rabbits (there are a few in our neighborhood. Of course, we haven't had a garden in a few years. Lafourche appears to be a quiet and peaceful bayou...
 
Well, we know our neighbors on both sides - but can't really say we are great friends.
I love chocolate.
Bunnies - my daugther's friend - a teacher - had to put her bunny down a couple of days ago - very sad.
PRAYERS FOR THE WORLD.
 
Great post.
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?