Friday, October 16, 2020

The Letter "P" -- Weekend Roundup and Reflections

The forty-second issue of Weekend Roundup for this year, 2020... 

(THE SIXTEENTH LETTER FOR THIS SERIES) - the Letter "P" Prompts are: 

(A) Starts with the Letter "P"; 

(B) "Plentiful" (Tom's Choice); 

(C) A Favorite; and 

(D) Reflections. 

 _ _ _ _ 



(A) Starts with the Letter "P":   The Pumpkin Patch is a Popular Place this year.  This find was at the Katy (TX) First Methodist Church.  

Mrs. Jim says that most Methodists have Pumpkin Patches at Halloween time.  Until this one I did not know this, DID YOU?  (something for a Yes/No leaving in the comments)



(B) "Plentiful" (Tom's Choice):   Pink Flamingos were Plentiful at our Houston Methodist Hospital last week when we were there for a Mrs. Jim appointment.   It was to emphasize National Breast Cancer Awareness Month.  The Pinks were all over the place.  Houston Methodist Hospital is a leader in the field of Breast Cancer treatment and care. 

(C) A Favorite:   Pie, here a store bought Key Lime Pie that our younger daughter had brought us.  There were two in the box.


(D) Reflections:  Wedding reception tables set up for social distancing.  I pictured the lovely bride, she's my great-grandniece,  her husband,  and both sets of parents here last week.

The reception was outside in this lovely 15 acre Texas garden. You see about 1/5th of the tables.  I do not know what the blue object giving Reflections is.  And I helped set the tables.  
  _ _ _ _  

Bonus Questions: 

(1)  What do you like best about Wedding Receptions?   I have a hard time deciding between the "cutting of the cake" and the nice "catered dinner."    For sure it isn't sampling of  the $1800 spirits bill.
 
(2)  What is your favorite word beginning with the letter "P"?   Today I  will choose the word "Piano" because it can play such pretty music.  
 _ _ _ _ 

The fine print:  
 - [Click on any picture for larger, click it again for extra large]
- I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Travel" (Link here to click for Tom's Weekend Reviews)
- I am also linked this week with James of "Weekend Reflections" (click here for his Reflections Photos).
- The pictures mostly are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law.
.

Comments:
One of my favorite words - pumpkins - I love everything about this time of year. Everything.
 
1. What do you like best about Wedding Receptions? When they are over.

2. What is your favorite word beginning with the letter "P"? Patience. There seems to be so little of patience anymore.

Have a fabulous day and weekend, Jim. 😎
 
There's not much I like about wedding receptions, especially when you get stuck at a table where you don't know anyone.I don't care for cake and the food is usually mediocre. So I like the drinks and appetizers! Hate the dancing.
 
Nice pumpkin patch, Jim! I managed to add a few this week, too! I like seeing the bride dance with her dad, especially if they dance to "Daddy's Little Girl" I remember dancing to that song, with my Dad. I love the piano, too. I played for many years, but not so much anymore. My Mom played the piano all the time, I could still close my eyes, and hear her. She played beautiful classical music. I still have a box, full of her old sheet music. Have a nice weekend, Jim!
Dawn
 
NO pumpkin patches her. My P word is PEACE. Weddings here at present can have 25 guests and NO reception for the next 4 weeks. Same for funerals We are going backwards, my bird outings have had to stop as no unnecessary travel but I am going to ZOOK once a week and do a POWER POINT PRESENTATION for them. Could find your reflection Jim but my eyes are struggling with seeing the laptop these days as I have a bad cataract. Have a lovely weekend.
 
Hi Jim,

It was nice to hear from you.

I'm happy to see that you and Mrs. Jim are doing well. Let me know if someone decides to do a Alpha Thursday, I've really missed doing that!

RMW
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?