Friday, May 01, 2020
The Letter "R" ~~ Weekend Roundup and Reflections
(THE EIGHTEENTH LETTER FOR THIS SERIES)
- the Letter "R" Prompts are:
(A) Starts with the Letter "R";
(B) "Red" (Tom's choice);
(C) A Favorite; and
During the month ofApril 2020, I was participating in the National Poetry Writing Month daily by posting of a poem of sorts. Mine are here , NaPoWriMo 2020, poems for this year.
I have been doing this since 2015. Note: a couple days may not come up with that link. Find the missing date posts for those
_ _ _ _
(A) Starts with the Letter "R": Roses are Red and start with "R". Whatcamacallits are Yellow.
These are along the sidewalks where we walk but not on the green walking paths. We have three Rose patches in our backyard landscaping. The too are very pretty, we finally had some rain and I fertilized
(B) "Red" (Tom's choice): No, not a political map today, it is back to work states that are in Red. Still very political though, for sure Texas numbers aren't for it, we are still on the up slope.
Note: this is last Tuesday's data being charted.
(C) A Favorite: These are Corndogs that I cooked. Corndogs, sliced dill pickles, and Diet Cokes with corn chips on the table.
I cook corn dogs, hot dogs, deli turkey sandwiches, egg and biscuit sandwiches, and various frozen meals and packaged, canned, or homemade soup.
Mrs. Jim cooks more complicated things, some use recipes. We mostly use groceries we have on hand. Our youngest daughter and BIL shop when we make a list.
Then sometimes we go out to eat, out to get the food, taking it out and zway back home to eat. Pizza and Hamburgers are tied for popularity.
This is one of four plates we had from Sunday's 'Fajita for one' and appetizer Quesadillas. After Internet church (since we will liberated tomorrow there will be regular services, three, sitting every other row and seven feet apart) we drove a couple of miles to our favorite Mexican restaurant to get our take out order.
(D) Reflections: We had a short stop along the way on a recent walk. There are two small falls and you see the front on Reflectig nicely.
Click on the picture a couple of times to get a more in close view. The path Mrs. Jim is standing on goes either past to a playground and tennis area or takes you left to walk over a small bridge between the falls.
_ _ _ _
My Two Questions (you can answer just one if you wish).
(1) What comes to mind when you think of "Red? I think of poor Red Ridinghood. Also Red Adair (1915-2004), an oil industry fire fighter and part time race car and boat driver. I first saw him driving and having conservation at a car race in 1969. Later we would sometimes eat the same time at a little hamburger place between Clear Lake boat docks and NASA Road 1. He would come via his boat, me by a car for noon lunch break during work.
(2) What is the first thing you will now that Corona Virus staying in has been relaxed? Or 'will do' if it hasn't come yet? Either go to Walmart for groceries next Tuesday morning to shop for myself--daughter and SIL have been going--or to La Madeleine for lunch.
(1) what is your favorite "R" word? This time it will be "Rain" We've been very dry and warm, 10 degrees F higher for the winter and spring average.
(2) Do you have any posted pictures of areas where you use for taking walks? I have pictures of ours posted here Quite Often but very few of the Malls where we walk in the hot of summer. Air Conditioned, I do have pictures but hardly any have I posted.
_ _ _ _
The fine print:
- [Click on any picture for larger, click it again for extra large]
- I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Travel" (Link to Tom's Weekend Reviews)
- The pictures are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law.
- I am also linked this week with James, (click here for his Reflections Photos).