Sunday, January 14, 2007

When you make God a promise you'd better keep it

Posted by Picasa
When you make a vow to God, do not delay in fulfilling it. He has no pleasure in fools; fulfill your vow. It is better not to vow than to make a vow and not fulfill it.
Ecclesiastes 5:4 and 5 (New International Version-link)

Photo courtessy of Billy, this bird may be a U.S. citizen or a Canadian?
.
Ecclesiastes 5:2-5-link:

2 Do not be quick with your mouth, do not be hasty in your heart to utter anything before God. God is in heaven and you are on earth, so let your words be few.
3 As a dream comes when there are many cares, so the speech of a fool when there are many words.
4 When you make a vow to God, do not delay in fulfilling it. He has no pleasure in fools; fulfill your vow.

5 It is better not to vow than to make a vow and not fulfill it.

Comments:
World citizen.
 
Hi Jim.
I try never to make a promise i cant keep.
Stay Well talk soon.
 
Dear Jim...
I think that this blue bird is a Canadian citizen, although I don't know how he got over to the States without a passport!
Bernie and I will have to get a passport soon because in no way do we want to be cut off from the Americans....We love them too much!!
We are only about 30 miles from Buffalo and the border!
We are about 11 miles from the Niagara Falls USA border.

You are right about a vow to the Lord. It would be better off if we didn't vow at all if we aren't willing to keep it!...

I was thinking about your going to see your elderly friend and through out the day, I thought some more. I will never forget the time that the church was visiting a nursing home and singing to the patients. One of the Christians had left his teeth at home and with his white hair, he looked like a resident, and me with MY white hair, I said to Larry...We better get out of here by a side door real quick. They are going to think we are patient escapees!!
You just better be careful Jim. They might try to catch you and hold you there!!..Ha..

Take care Jim and have a good week. I am off tomorrow so I will be doing some reading about that cute little doggie of yours.....From Terry
 
Thanks, Terry, I'm still not sure of his citizenship.
They ran me out, wouldn't keep me at the nursing home. :)
..
C.S, I didn't leave you many choices did I?
..
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?