Friday, November 08, 2019

The Letter "S" ~~ Weekend Roundup

The 45th issue of Weekend Roundup for this year...
(THE NINETEENTH LETTER FOR THIS SERIES)
- the Letter "S" Prompts are:
(A) Starts with the Letter "S"; (B) A Favorite;
(C) "S" for '"S"ingle' (Tom's choice); and (D) Reflections


(A.1)  Starts with "S".    Surprise starts with "S".  When I was about a half mile down the road I was very surprised to see this fellow, a Gecko obviously from our front flower bed, clinging to the hood of my car.  
Gecko -- Wikipedia 

It wouldn't get off until I finally shooed it off after I had stopped for gas.  Far from its home it started a new one in a pretty flower bed beside the gas station.
The difference between Geckos and Salamanders (link, click here)



Texas Gecko
(A.2)  Starts with "S".   Strawberry starts with "S".  I like my Strawberries best sliced and in it's own juice, started flowing with a bit of sugar, over Blue Bell Lite Homemade Vanilla ice cream.  






Next best to me is

Strawberry Preserves spread over a slice of a warm from the oven homemade flour biscuit. 



(B) A Favorite:  The letter opener tells it all.  This kind of Navy Seals is in the 'unsealing business.'  

It was in the goodie bag that my SIL received at a golf tournament. He tied for First place but was awarded the trophy for Second place as he lost to the other fellow in a "score card playoff."   
[click picture for larger view -- click again for extra large] 
(C) "S" for '"S"ingle' (Tom's choice):  Single bananas at the grocery store produce isle.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _

My Two Questions (you can answer just one if you'd like):

1. What has been your experience with Geckos? .We have been overrun by them.  Don't leave a door open for long or some will come inside.

2. What do you use to open letters?  I use an old thing butcher knife that Mrs. Jim was throwing away.  It has a wooden handle, real wood.  

Bonus Questions:
1. What is your favorite "S" word?   Samballat, he was a rabble rouser in the Bible when they were trying to rebuild the walls that had been destroyed. (click here, Reference link) 

2. What is your take on Strawberries? I like my Stawberries out of the patch better than the two I wrote about above.
 _ _ _ _  

The fine print:
- [Click on any picture for larger, click it again for extra large]- I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Travel" (Link to Tom's Weekend Reviews)
- The pictures are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law. - I am also linked this week with James at Weekend Reflections, http://weekendreflection.blogspot.com/ (click here) for his Reflections Photos.

 - Photos and Text Copyright, © Jimmiehov 2019, All Rights Reserved

Labels: , ,


Comments:
1. What has been your experience with Geckos? I love them and consider them lucky. We find them indoors now and then and hubby gently puts them back outside.

2. What do you use to open letters? My fingers. I know I have a letter opener somewhere, but I don't know quite where.

Bonus Questions:
1. What is your favorite "S" word? Simple. It's the best say to go on almost anything.

2. What is your take on Strawberries? I love all things strawberries. My favorite jam or jelly, love strawberry shortcake and just eating strawberries.

Have a fabulous day and weekend, Jim. 😎
 
...the only Geckos that I see are in Maui, it must be too cold in New York for them. And who doesn't love Strawberry jam? Count me in. I like 'Navy Seals are in the unsealing business!' It must be lonely to be a single banana. Thanks Jim for stopping by, I hope that you will have a great weekend.
 
I have never seen geckos! Strawberries are my favorites too and the banana slogan is hilarious :))
 
Great.
 
Geckos are something we only see when we are travelling in Mexico or Hawaii.
Open letters with my finger. John will take a kitchen knife (drives me nuts) so I recently found our collection of letter openers for him to use.
Love your S word. My favourite? SUNSHINE on this gloomy day.
Strawberries - prefer them fresh to any other way.
 
I would be surprised with the Gecko on my car too - probably would have cooked if left on too long.
My niece had them in Hawaii when stationed there.
I have an opener like that, but I don't use it - I need to do that.
Favorite s word - Sandie - lol.
Love strawberries.
Stay Warm. It is cold here.
Love, sandie
 
Cute little gecko! We used to see them a lot when we lived in Arizona. I also like to dip fresh strawberries in chocolate! YUM! Have a nice week, Jim.
Dawn

 
i love strawberries. but can you tell me how to make it more delicious..?
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?