Friday, January 31, 2020
The Letter "E" ~~ Weekend Roundup and Reflections
_ _ _._
The fifth issue of Weekend Roundup for this year, 2020...
(THE FIFTH LETTER FOR THIS SERIES)
- the Letter "E" Prompts are:
(A) Starts with the Letter "E";
(B) "Enormous" (Tom's choice);
(C) A Favorite;
_ _ _ _
(A) Starts with the Letter "E": "Enjoy" the scenery as your houseboat chugs through the Back Waters of India. This one was out of Co Chin.
(C) A Favorite: Part of what Mrs. Jim was seeing from her dining room window. Look through the windows behind her, not very much was commercialized. Through the trees were a lot of rice fields. Note the lovely Reflection in the picture above.
(B) "Enormous" (Tom's choice): Now where did I lay my towel? Kind of problems one has when getting out of the tub. Especially if you are large and your tub is a mud puddle in the desert.
South Africa's Aquilla Game Preserve a ways out from Cape Town. All animals were rescue animals from the wilds of Africa. The employees were local town folk.
(D) Reflections: A Wall of Mirrors to greet you upon entering the dinning room on our ship, Oceania's small ship, the Nautica. What you were seeing was a part of the Excellent Christmas Brunch Buffet.
_ _ _ _
My Two Questions (you can answer just one if you'd like):
1. When was the last time you were riding on a boat (or ship)? An easy question for me, it was on our long cruise that we just finished. It was a thirty day cruise from Dubai to Cape Town, we were gone from December 3 to January 10.
2. What do you think of when we are discussing being "Enormous"? I think of e e cummings (link) and his autobiographical book, "The Enormous Room. It is the story of his four months during WWII, being incarcerated . He was bunked in a large room with 30 other prisoners (Link). I recommend reading, get it from your library.
1. What is your favorite "E" word? This time it will be "Easy". That should be Easy for us retired people, Mrs. Jim makes a good example of how to do that, would you say from the picture above.
2. When will you, or did you already, retire? Mrs. Jim retired in 1999, I did two years later. I tell anyone who I think might listen that they should not wait too long. So many of my friends have waited so long that they die before or right after.
_ _ _
The fine print:
- [Click on any picture for larger, click it again for extra large]
- I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Travel" (Link to Tom's Weekend Reviews)
- The pictures are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law.
- I am also linked this week with James at Weekend Reflections, http://weekendreflection.blogspot.com/ (click here for his Reflections Photos).
- Photos and Text Copyright, © Jimmiehov 2020, All Rights Reserved