Friday, January 31, 2020

The Letter "E" ~~ Weekend Roundup and Reflections

Note:  My Sabatical is over, It was a thirty day cruise from Dubai to Cape Town, we were gone from December 3 to January 10.   We were aboard the Oceania small ship Nautica and stopped along the way.  Mrs. Jim  and I visited more UAE countries, Oman, four stops along India's coast, numerous Islands of the Indian Ocean,  and four countries in South Africa. 
 _ _ _._ 

The fifth issue of Weekend Roundup for this year, 2020...
(THE FIFTH LETTER FOR THIS SERIES)
- the Letter "E" Prompts are:
(A) Starts with the Letter "E";
(B) "Enormous" (Tom's choice);
(C) A Favorite;  
(D) Reflections. 
_ _ _ _



(A) Starts with the Letter "E":  "Enjoy" the scenery as your houseboat chugs through the Back Waters of India.  This one was out of Co Chin.


 (C) A Favorite:   Part of what Mrs. Jim was seeing from her dining room window.  Look through the windows behind her, not very much was commercialized.  Through the trees were a lot of rice fields. Note the lovely Reflection in the picture above.


(B) "Enormous" (Tom's choice):  Now where did I lay  my towel?  Kind of problems one has when getting out of the tub.  Especially if you are large and your tub is a mud puddle in the desert. 

South Africa's Aquilla Game Preserve a ways out from Cape Town. All animals were rescue animals from the wilds of Africa.   The employees were local town folk. 



(D) Reflections:   A Wall of Mirrors to greet you upon entering the dinning room on our ship, Oceania's small ship, the Nautica.  What you were seeing was a part of the Excellent Christmas Brunch Buffet.
 _ _ _ _ 

My Two Questions (you can answer just one if you'd like):

1. When was the last time you were riding on a boat (or ship)?    An easy question for me, it was on our long cruise that we just finished.   It was a thirty day cruise from Dubai to Cape Town, we were gone from December 3 to January 10.

2. What do you think of when we are discussing being
 "Enormous"?   I think of e e cummings (link) and his autobiographical book, "The Enormous Room.  It is the story of his four months during WWII, being incarcerated .  He was bunked in a large room with 30 other prisoners (Link). I recommend reading, get it from your library. 

Bonus Questions:

1. What is your favorite "Eword?   This time it will be "Easy".   That should be Easy for us retired people, Mrs. Jim makes a good example of how to do that, would you say from the picture above.


2.  When will you, or did you already, retire?    Mrs. Jim retired in 1999, I did two years later.  I tell anyone who I think might listen that they should not wait too long.  So many of my friends have waited so long that they die before or right after. 
_ _ _ 

The fine print:
 - [Click on any picture for larger, click it again for extra large]

 - I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Travel" (Link to Tom's Weekend Reviews)
 - The pictures are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law. 

 - I am also linked this week with James at Weekend Reflections, http://weekendreflection.blogspot.com/ (click here for his Reflections Photos).
 - Photos and Text Copyright, © Jimmiehov 2020, All Rights Reserved 

Labels: , , , ,


Comments:
I have been one one Disney Cruise in 1986.
Enormous - I do think of a hippo or rhino.
My favorite E word is yours - ENJOY!
Retire - a funny word here - I retired from one job in 2001 but I am not retired. lol
Sandie
 
1. When was the last time you were riding on a boat (or ship)? Since we are boaters it's very often. We're heading to the boat today.

2. What do you think of when we are discussing being "Enormous"? Spiders can be enormous even if they are small. Being scared of them makes them bigger.

Bonus Questions:

1. What is your favorite "E" word? Enjoy. Life is precious and we should enjoy every minute.

2. When will you, or did you already, retire? Hubby retired in 2002 and I retired 2003. It's been wonderful.

Have a fabulous day and weekend. 😎
 
2019 Seine river cruise in Paris.
Enormous makes me think of gigantic roadside attractions.
Favourite E word probably efficient!
I retired in 2012 John in 2010.
 
You've been to a lot of amazing places! Last boat was the ferry from Balboa Peninsula to Balboa Island in Newport Beach. Last ship was the USNS Mercy hospital ship in 1987. :-)
 
...Jim "Enjoying" the scenery in India looks like my new neck of the woods. Few views through the windows don't have commercialization these days. That hippo sure is Enormous! I'm glad that you enjoyed your recent adventure, take care and have a wonderful week.
 
Excellent & interesting set of Es! I was retired a few years ago, I don't know how to use the word enormous :)) Have a great weekend.
 
Jim What a wonderful trip you had and great "E" illustrated post. I retired at 55 and never looked back. I am busier than even but I ENJOY life
 
Amazing trips.
 
Mrs. Jim looks so elegant and relaxed! I've never seen a rhino in person, so given the scale of the photo, it indeed is ENORMOUS!
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?