Friday, February 07, 2020
The Letter "F" ~~ Weekend Roundup and Reflections
(THE FIFTH LETTER FOR THIS SERIES)
- the Letter "F" Prompts are:
(A) Starts with the Letter "F";
(B) "Full" (Tom's choice);
(C) A Favorite;
_ _ _ _
(A) Starts with the Letter "F": Fairy Garden starts with "F". I like Fairy Gardens and many flower and garden shops have, or can make you a miniature Flairy Garden to take away. Most even have Fairies to sell.
My favorite Fairy Garden Find so far has been this one on the Isle of Man road from Douglas to the airport.
The road separates, going and coming, to go around. The folks stop and tack or pin a note to the tree in the middle where the Garden is. If the fairy reads your note then he will probably see to it that your wish is fulfilled.
Link to see my other Isle of Man blog posts on my other blog:
http://jimmiehov6.blogspot.com/search/label/Isle of Man?m=0
Also search for more here on this blog.
(B) "Full" (Tom's choice): This container is Full of Colored Milk Chocalate Chips, made from Camel's Milk. It is really yummy, once in a while I snitch a piece.
The chocolate was given to Mrs. Jim at the Market in Dubai, UAE, after she had purchased a larger container of Safron spice. Arabia, here, and Persha have been noted for spices since very early days of the ancient traders.
(D) Reflections: The hoods and windshield of the vehicles are reflection the branchwork of tree in the background.
_ _ _ _
_ _ _ _
My Two Questions (you can answer just one if you'd like):
1. When was the last time you went to the beach? You can tell about that a bit here if you wish.? Another easy question for me, it was out from Cape Town after our long cruise that we just finished. It was a thirty day cruise from Dubai to Cape Town, we were gone from December 3 to January 10.
2. What do you think of when we are discussing "Fairy Gardens"? I think of The Isle of Man. I am one quarter Manx as my Grandfather Corkhill's line immigrated from there. BTW, the Manx breed of cats have no tails.
1. What is your favorite "F" word? This time it will be "Foot or Feet". In earlier days I ran a few Ugly Feet contests. Those were the days, '05.and after when I had more readers, and fewer too now and then.
2. What comes to mind when you hear "Chocolate" mentioned? How much chocolate is in your home at this instant? Mrs. Jim married ed in 1974, every anniversary, and Motherd Day, Christmas, and for birthday, I give her a box of Whitman Sampler chocolate candy when I can find a BOGO OFFERED. We have a jar of Miniature Butterfinger bars and an assorted of chocolate bars we.bought on sale after Trick or Treat.
_ _ _
The fine print:
- [Click on any picture for larger, click it again for extra large]
- I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Travel" (Link to Tom's Weekend Reviews)
- The pictures are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law.
- I am also linked this week with James at Weekend Reflections, http://weekendreflection.blogspot.com/ (click here for his Reflections Photos).
- Photos and Text Copyright, © Jimmiehov 2020, All Rights Reserved