Wednesday, June 17, 2020
The Letter "Y" -- Weekend Roundup and Reflections
(THE TWENT-FIFTH LETTER FOR THIS SERIES)
- the Letter "Y" Prompts are:
(A) Contains the Letter "Y";
(C) A Favorite; and
_ _ _ _
(A) Contains the Letter "Y": "Yard" even starts with "Y". Here are a couple of photos of our Backyard, it was landscaped when we bought it and this is our version five years later.
(B) "Yellow": Egg Yolks are Yellow. These aren't the eggs with the Yolks broken and then fried until both the Yellows and the Whites are cooked hard.
By mistake and for using my smart phone instead of my broken computer, I had thought the Yellow items were eggs. Sandie got it right, they are corn chips with melted Yellow cheese and Salsa that I made for a snack. Sorry.
How do I eat these hard fried eggs? Either with pancakes and syrup having fried sausage and catsup; or an egg, ham, and Yellow Cheese sandwich with toasted wheat sandwich and ketchup.
Today it was the sandwich but I don't have a picture of that. And Mrs. Jim fried these. I make them in the Microwave, I stir them just enough to be pretty and swirly when they are finished
Generally I don't pose for full body photos because I've pretty well lost my youthful figure (See it here).
Click on any picture to make it bigger or smaller.
(D) Reflections: This isn't the end of my walk, I am across the street and over as little from my home.
(F) A Lagniappe: We have to cross this street before we can turn left a block to get my home street. Had there been a rainbow, we would live at the left end of it.
_ _ _ _
My Two Questions (you can answer just one if you wish):
(1) What is your favorite "Yellow" thing? I Mine will be a yellow car or pickup truck. I've never owned a yellow car but my oldest granddaughter had a yellow Mustang for college and on until quite a while after she married.
Bananas are next.
(2) When was the last time that you saw a very pretty sunset? We have them quite often but there are houses across the street west from us. Even from an upstairs window we cannot enjoy the full sunset picture.
(1) What is your favorite "Y" Word? That would be Ysleta, El Paso, Texas (Wikipedia article)(google pictures). For three while I was in the U.S. ARMY military service, we lived near where Ysleta started, east out of El Paso about on I-10. I would ride my Vespa Motorscooter up and down the levee and in the nice grassy area between our home and the levee and border with Mexico.
(2) When did you last have a nice sunset to watch and where were you (like snowflakes, no two people see the same sunset). It was the one I posted above.
_ _ _ _
The fine print:
- [Click on any picture for larger, click it again for extra large]
- I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Travel" (Link here to click for Tom's Weekend Reviews)
- I am also linked this week with James of "Weekend Reflections" (click here for his Reflections Photos).
- The pictures mostly are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law.