Wednesday, December 28, 2005


Fire destroys local home

From:
Midwest Messenger

Burt County: News
Fire destroys local home
Tuesday, December 27, 2005 12:40 PM CST

Tekamah Fire Department got an early wake-up Dec. 18 when summoned at approximately 3:30 a.m. to a blaze at the Micky Capalite home, 803 K Street in Tekamah. The fire was reported by a newspaper delivery man making his normal route. No one was home when the fire broke out.

According to Fire Chief Ron Tobin, the fire had a big head start by the time the department arrived. He said the fire, which is believed to have started in an electrical fixture in the basement or a closet, had burned through the floor by the time firemen arrived. Although the frame is still structurally sound, Tobin said, the contents of the home were completely destroyed.

Craig Fire Department provided mutual aid. Firemen were on the scene until approximately 9 a.m.

Comments:
Sorry about your folk's house Jim. I know the connection is gone but it still must bring back a few memories.
 

Post a Comment



Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?