Monday, January 16, 2006
Where is your seat?
up or down?
Toilet seat, that is.
When I have my way, our looks like the one on the left.
What are lids for? If toilets were so beautiful with them open all the time we wouldn't need them. My reasons for the lids:
1. TO PUT THE GAPING HOLE out of sight so it is prettier.
2. To put things on when we aren't using the toilet, sort of like an extra table.
3. To keep things from falling in. That will always do in the electric razor. Toothbrushes can be washed. Ask Jerry Seinfeld about that.
4. For ladies to gripe about when men leave them up. Well guys, I have to admit it isn't very pleasant to go in when it's dark and sit down on the toilet with both seats up.
There might be other reasons. I try to enforce my both lids down rule. Mrs. Jim has the first lid down rule.
Maybe yours looks like the one in the middle. Mine will be similar to that some day, except not an infant conversion, rather it will be an extender to help me get up and down easier.
Most of the time ours doesn't get like the one on the right. I have a plunger and a tool box together with my ingenuity keep it working.
There is a Web site of toilet bowl pictures at ToiletNet.com. They say no downloading* except from the download page.
I would like one (or more) of my Houston kids or grandkids to send in a picture of the one in the Cadillac Bar, along with a picture of the restaurant. The men's in the annex building would be best. Watch out for unmentionable graffiti. That place is a must see for Houston visitors.
What condition is your seat in right now?
1. Both lids down
2. Both lids up
3. One up, one down
4. Out of order
What is your house rule?
1. Both lids down
2. One up, one down
3. We don't give a r.t's a.. about it
Happy and Blue, you are welcome to take a survey of this for me. You have a much larger following than I do for sampling.
* The fine print from ToiletNet.com: Condition (rule) 1.3 "User may not download or copy the Content and other downloadable items displayed on this Web site for personal use (with the only exception being those contained on our downloads page). User shall not store any significant portion of any Content owned by or licensed to Toiletnet.com in any form."
my dad bought me an all original 67 mustang for my 16th birthday (twenty-seven yrs ago). my husband traded it (2months after we were married), for a long bed ugly piece of junk, truck...without telling me he was doing it.
needless to say, i was wondering why in the world i had married this man. after seeing how upset i was he tried to buy the car back, but of course the guy was too smart and kept the car. i did end up forgiving my husband and now 24 yrs later when the new mustang body style came out i told him he could actually redeem himself by purchasing me an 05 GT mustang. he did and even decided to trade our suburban in for him an 05 roush mustang.
just thought i'd share the story since i see you enjoy ford cars.
hope you have a wonderful and blessed day!
Oh, the seats are always down, a houseful of women mandate it.
i like the seat down, its better for humanity this way..
i cant tell you ho many things i have dropped in toilet because someone negelted the seat down rule...
Well...I just took up the bowl on Saturday, and cleaned and recalked everything. Talks with the boys has us more conscious of where we...aim.
Actually I would prefer both down but I've been outvoted..
And you seem to be getting a lot of comments here without my help..
2. But a personal rule has been enstated after today's blog--no eating while reading your blog.
Much more aesthetic that way.
As you pointed out, things won't fall in. Also, if you have a dog it can't use the potty for a water dish.
Links to this post: