Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Banashed, Adi and me for the day


Now, that sounds cruel. Here is the dungeon: we (Adi and I) are on the little balcony of our home. It looks out on the golf course and we can see a little bit of the lake--better in the winter when some of the trees lose their leaves.

Do you think Adi is reading the funnies or looking at my granola bar? The reason for the paper? I'm about to write on one of my favorites, The Headlines Say ... Here we are with the tools of my retirement--bet you thought I was going to say 'tools of my trade.'

The reason I'm up here is that Mrs. Jim and three lady friends are downstairs playing bridge. So I gathered the tools of my retirement--you thought I was going to say 'tools of my trade'--and came up here.

The bridge thing is the man reason I vacuumed the house yesterday. Yes, I did get most of the things on that list from yesterday done. More about that latter.

Once a month Mrs. Jim and these three ladies get together to play bridge at one lady's home. They all bring a sandwich, then the hostess provides drinks, condiments, and desert. I made Mrs. Jim and a sandwich this morning before the ladies came. I put mine in the little 'dorm' refrigerator we have upstairs here in the game room.


DAILY STATUS REPORT:
.
Health check--blood pressure/heart rate 127/61/66 10:30AM.
.
Day's biggies--
Get Mrs. Jim and the house ready for the ladies and their bridge games (that's done now, and is the reason I'm up here)
Work on this blog
Walk with with Adi this evening while Mrs. Jim is at orchestra practice [it is such a nice day today, I might just go for a Mustang (convertible--got it washed yesterday) ride]
Continue work on the Sunday school lesson I'm teaching this Sunday
Clean up my mess in the game room. I have started filing the things I used for income tax but didn't finish before going on our loooooonnngg vacation in March and April. Also might finish reading the Sunday paper.
.
A work in progress: I'm about to stop for lunch. More will be written after we (Adi and I) eat.

It's cool in here, I might just move in for the rest of he day. Maybe even clear the tax stuff off this table and file it before I finish the blog. The windows are by the table, so I can still see the pretty outside view.

I did update me, old blogs never read, and . . . (link) today before I tackled this larger, more serious, blog.

Comments:
I think two guys can overthrow two ladies any day. I'd mutiny.
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?