Saturday, September 12, 2009

Six Word Saturday -- Apple pie and _____________ (you fill in the blank)

My Ruby Red is dated September 15, above. click here!
Apple pie and cheese my favorite
I'd have a slice of American Cheese
over a large slice of still warm apple pie.
What could be better than that?



[large picture] [super sized]
.
What is to follow here will be my quick and easy apple pie recipe.
This apple pie will be really good once I get it baked.
.
But first I have to get dressed.
My Saturday morning rule,
be dressed by noon.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Okay, I didn't dress. Instead I typed up my recipe:
Jim’s Quick and Easy Apple Pie

Ingredients:
1 Box pastry shells for two 9-inch two-crust pies
(Kroger frozen Pie Crusts-unroll & bake or equivalent)
6 cups sliced pared tart apples
1 can prepared Apple Pie Filling (Comstock or equivalent)
¼ teaspoon cinnamon – optional*
¼ teaspoon nutmeg – optional*
2 tablespoons butter or margarine

Heat oven to 425°. Prepare pastry using directions on the box.
Stir together optional spices, sliced apples, and prepared pie filling mix.
Turn into pastry-lined pans; dot with butter
Cover with top crust using fluting and design of your choice. Be sure
there are a few opening slits for the steam to escape.
Place strip of aluminum foil covering the edges. Otherwise the crusts
will bake first and may even burn.
Remove foil for the last 15 minutes.

Bake 45 minutes, more or less. Pie is done when crust is brown and
the pie liquids begin to ease or bubble through the crust openings.

Makes eight servings per pie. More if cut into smaller slices.

* I generally do not add additional spices. Remember the seasoning
in the prepared mix is for one pie in the eyes of the manufacturer. This
may not be strong enough flavor for two pies to suit your taste.

I hope you try making this, it really is quick and easy. And good!
- - - - - - - - - - - -

You might like to give this a try.
Here’s how it works – describe your life (or something) in a phrase using just six words.
For more information,
ask Cate.
After you post, sign in there with Mr. Linky
and then visit the others listed as you wish.


Labels: , , , , ,


Comments:
Same pie with some ice cream
 
Jim said: I skimped on the crust here but my slat design as shown used only one pie shell per pie.
With a few scraps left I rolled them out again and cut into strips.
Those repairs and put-together pieces came out looking better when baked. Besides I soon covered it with cheese.

Dr. John -- I like ice cream but my first choice is the American cheese.
..
 
Yum! Happy 6WS!!!
 
Mmmm that looks good! I'll take mine without the cheese please.
 
Never had apple pie with cheese. Not sure I'd like it. I do like your Saturday rule of being dressed by noon ! Happy 6WS
 
Oh you were right - it looks delicious! With cheese OR ice cream - I'm not picky!

Thanks for sharing the recipe on 6WS!
 
You really make apple pies? No help from Mrs. Jim?
 
i'm going to make this recipe!
thanks for posting it, i'll have mine with some sharp cheddar...
 
Apple pie, yes. Cheddar cheese, yes. Together -- not my favorite. I want my apple pie warm and served with French Vanilla ice cream!

When we move to Washington State I just might try your recipe. I can't bring myself to do much baking here in this heat.
 
I have heard of people eating apple pie and cheese but I have never tried it. It's probably good but it doesn't sound good. I'll have to try this recipe but I'll have it with ice cream!
 
An Apple pie without cheese,
I like a kiss without a squeeze. All the old timers around here always repeated that.
I prefer vanilla Ice cream.
Marilyn just made 2 pies last night out of some of our apples. Great pie.
I like your write up on the food. YOu guys eat well.
The new babe and grandma are both looking good.
The fertilizer looks like good stuff. I could use a little bloom myself.
Funny story about the two old ladies.
I don't do cat blogs.
We have a Dam Bait Shop up near Gavins Point Dam.
 
Cheddar is better
than American on pie—
tart’s the reason why!
 
I am so glad to know that I am not completely NUTS...I have ALWAYS loved CHEDDAR cheese on my apple pie..I never have found anyone else that does. Thanks for showing me I'm not alone here!! haahhhaaa
Your pie sounds delicious....
 
Be dressed by noon is my rule for every day, lol!
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?