Thursday, May 03, 2012
Jim's are eating today -- Things in a Row -- Two Questions -- MidWeek Blues
Forgive me about not having very much blue today. But try to imagine the WHOLE ATLANTIC OCEAN for a lot more. Just a teaser is out the side of the ship where we are having our snack.
We are sitting here with an afternoon 'snack' by the seaside. These tables are on the forward deck between at the side of the pool and were overlooking one of the pools.
At right are a couple of the pub snacks, fish and chips and prawns (shrimp to Texans) and chips. Believe it or not, we have not had fish and chips since we have come to London, U.K. on April 11th.
Did you wonder where I had gone, obviously being very scarce in the blogging world? I did post from the ship a little acrostic poem on my other blog.
Next in order are:
1) My half of a pizza that we had in the pizza parlor. That was after one of our on-shore activities that took us from the dining room at lunch time;
2) An order of Mussels in the dining room. They were really good!
3) A midnight snack to take with my meds. I ate a lot of this cheese assortment with crackers and some fresh fruit in our room;
4) An afternoon snack of a shrimp salad and a minature Key Lime pie while Mrs. Jim was playing bridge with some ladies;
5) What was left, i.e. throw away stuff, from my last on-board breakfast (several strips of crisp bacon, one slice of English bacon, one fried egg, yolk-broken-over-hard, a fried potato patty, three small link portions of English sausage, two canned peach halves, a slice of pineapple, an orange, a ring of salmon with biscuit and cream cheese, a small piece of smoked mackrel, tomato juice, and coffee--I would have had two small pancakes but today's had almond slices baked in them, generally it will be fruit of some kind baked in) yesterday; and finally
6) Not an ice sculpture but a little longer lasting fun sculpture under glass.
Enlarge on any or all of these for better views.
- - - - - - - -
And now for my Thursday Two Questions: (See Thursday Two Questions by Self Sagacity for more reading. You could also make your own by checking in at this link.)
Last week I wasn't here. On April 19th you told me about your views and experiences with playing with the children and your parks. The bonus question was about your childhood memories concerning activities with adults such as a parent, grandparent, aunt or uncle, etc. That last was a fun discussion. If you missed it or want to read the comments go to the April 19th posting.My Two Questions for this week:
.1. What part of eating during travel do you enjoy the most?
Obviously I like cruise ship food. You can search my blog for these, I've posted quite a few. I think the Queen Mary II had the best!
Actually a nice hamburger is high on my list. I like lettuce, tomato (I remove the seeds), and mustard. I often bring a slice of no-fat cheese for it. Also I order the pickles and onion slices to be on the side. Here in London a nice fish and chip plate is my fave. And I've not even had one yet except on the cruise ship. They were not the best but would do after I took off some of the excessive batter stuff.
We've never taken a cruise but I heard that the food is wonderful and available practically 24/7. Dangerous for people who like to eat!
I like eating too when I am on holiday. I only been on a cruise once as we normally fly with the kids.
Japanese food is what we normally go to eat on weekends.
Glad you had a good time. And welcome back. I was sick as something-or-other while you were cruising. But I am better now!
1. Trying new places is at the top of my list. It makes it more fun.
2. Italian is on the top of the list. Anything pasta makes me smile.
3. I'm with you on the bacon. Rarely eat it, but really like it with scrambled eggs, hash browns and sourdough toast.
I've not eaten yet today and now I'm hungry. Thanks.
Have a terrific day. :)
2. I love eating pasta.
3. I rarely eat bacon, but I know it makes alot of things better.
2) My favorite going out food is Thai, Vietnamese and Seafood happy hour. yes, I am kind of set on seafood.
I am glad you like your food on the cruise, that's important. The last cruise we went on, I did not like my food and couldn't wait til I come home.
2) My favorite eat out meals are Asian foods.
When eating out, I like light pasta dishes with seafoods.
spring haiku and tanka
Links to this post: