Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Picture — My Alphabe-Thursday (4th), the letter "Z"

"Z" is for Zero, a.k.a. Zilch
 
If it costs $0.00 (Zilch) then it's free, huh?  Well not free, but there is a 28 cent meal. That is this cup of Maruchan Instant Lunch.   

Ramen Noodle soup is a stable of the college kids.  I went to the grocery store after seeing my dentist and the shelves were empty for my soup.  

Pictured is my favorite, the Hot and Spicy Flavor with Shrimp and some vegetables.  I usually add eight to twelve more cooked shrimp.  I know, it runs up my meal cost. 

When I was in college the first time, the University of Nebraska at Lincoln, the Tasty Inn next to the campus advertised "Two (2) Meals for a Dollar."  One was the Tasty Burger, a small sized burger made of ground beef with some pickles.  The other was a toasted hot dog wrapped in cheese with relish packed into a bun.  With either came a small fountain drink and a package of chips.  Of course tuition was $50.00 a semester, books were just a few dollars.

 
Also free (costs Zero) to the Trick-or-Treater at Halloween time is her candy.  Here is KP with her bucket full of candy she mooched (free) off the neighbors. 

I asked her to save some chocolate Tootsie Rolls for me.  She brought me a full sack.  I don't see that on their kitchen counter so I am thinking that they went to the store and bought me a bag.  She gave it to me at my birthday gathering (see below).
 
 
 
I like 'free stuff'.  Every year Luby's Cafeteria sends me a coupon for a free dessert.  Most always I pick the coconut cream pie.  Last year Mrs. Jim and I shared a strawberry shortcake dessert instead. 

I also received another free desert from La Madeleine French Restaurant.  Fudruckers Restaurant had a buy-one-get-one free hamburger and Beck's Prime had a completely free, Zero/Zilch cost to me sandwich of my choice.  I chose Beck's Prime Blue Cheese Cheeseburger.  It is a bit messy but still is my favorite. 

Most years we have a family get-to-gather to celebrate my birthday.  This year we met at Berryhill's Mexican Restaurant in the Heights.  The Heights is one of the oldest (1800's) neighborhood in Houston (Texas).  Berryhill's specializes in Fish Tacos (Link to fish tacos in the Heights, Houston

Did you know that Houston has the most restaurants per capita of any city in the United States? 

Here are some pictures of our gathering.  Oh yes, the kids bought our supper.  Mrs. Jim and I divided a large order of Chicken Quesadillas (recipe link) and had Diet Cokes.  They also brought a nice chocolate birthday cake. [click picture for larger viewing]

 
 
Today I am linked again (this is the fourth series) with Teacher Jenny at her Alphabet Thursday Letter "Z" blog (Link)  (My Older series post links are at 1st, 2nd, and 3rd series)
 


Comments:
My dentist pulled my #18 lower molar this morning (Wednesday). I am on a handy pain killer we had around the house, some left over Vicadin. Not much pain tonight, eating soup and ice cream today.
..
 
You have a lot of different restaurants then we do. Your gathering looked fun. My son lived on Ramen noodles in college.
 
Remember the macaroni and cheese in the box. The powdered cheese one? I lived on that for a very long time in my youth. You could get 5 or 6 for a dollar and that was 5 or 6 meals. I so remember.

Love all the free stuff. That rocks.

Have a fabulous day. My best to Mrs. Jim. ☺
 
What a cute little candy collector you have there!
 
I think that Ramen Noodle soup might be pretty high in sodium. I'm one of the few people in the world that doesn't like salt so I stay away from things I think might be salty. We have a Berryhill in Clear Lake and it's one of my favorite Mexican places. We have a zillion of them and I prefer Berryhill and Gringo's. The trouble with Gringo's is that it's in Pearland and every time we ride over there the parking lot is full...as in no parking spaces! That's happened the last three times and we thought we were going early. I've just about given up on them. I wish KP had come to my house. We only had 14 kids. I was so disappointed. Happy Birthday!
 
I guess that's why parents love Halloween too. But what about the kid's teeth... {:-D
 
Happy belated birthday Jim.. Looked like you had a great party on your special day.
 
Happy Birthday, Dr Jim! :)
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?