Friday, March 11, 2016
Friday’s Hunt v 1.11 -- "K" is for ...
1. Starts with "K" -- Kick, KP, and Kansas.
1.a. I will choose KP first. KP is our youngest grandchild who lives about a half mile away since we moved. We walk with her to school, first grade when both her parents have to be at work fairly early.
KP also most always has us take her to gymnastic class because it is too early for either of the kids to take her. Then we eat at MacDonald's before we take her home. MacDonald's is close to our home also.
These pictures I took while we were shopping with her mom and Mrs. Jim. KP and I had found all we wanted to look at. She had found this stuffed dog and was sitting quietly in the chair until she saw me focusing the camera. I caught her just leaving, not posed.
You can see how ever many posts about KP as your browser will allow on one page by clicking on the "KP" link below.
The second picture she did let me take. I think that she wanted me to buy the dog for her but that didn't happen.
1. b. Kick is for the Eagles song, Kick 'em when theyre up, kick 'em when they're down. The real name is Dirty Laundry and is dedicated to Rupert Murdoch (Wikipedia Link). We don't watch the Fox TV channel except for the O'Reilly Factor and our local Fox Broadcast Channel 26 for non-network news.
2. Week's Favorite was our Sunday church service for Go Texan to help celebrate the beginning of the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo. We were supposed to dress Western, mine would have been jeans and a golf shirt, not really western. Mrs. Jim did dress Western.
The choir and singers and players were dressed very nicely. We had guitars, a harmonica (mouth harp), fiddles, a banjo, and a steel guitar besides the keyboard.
3.a. Flower -- I will have a bunch of flowers. The were Valentine Flowers waiting to be sold at a local Kroger store. Some Kroger stores have tents outside, they are good and affordable place to buy plants and flowers.
My Valentine doesn't get flowers, she gets a Valentine Card and a Box of Whitman Sampler candy. Every year for 43 years, I don't think we want to change now.
Besides, a Sunday school teacher, the preacher's wife, once told our class, "Candy's dandy but liquor is quicker." I think she wished she hadn't said that, we had no discussion on that remark. But I won't ever forget it, Bless her.
3.b. Flower - a Confederate Rose
In October 2013 we visited some cousins in Louisiana. One was Dorothy who moved from Houston.
One gave us this flower from her bush. She calls it a Confederate Rose. Mary took some blooms and also a couple of cuttings.
You may know more about Confederate Roses than they do. I don't think they are real roses. (Wikipedia says, "Hibiscus mutabilis, also known as the Confederate rose or the cotton rosemallow, is a plant noted for its flowers."
- - - - -
The Fine Print:
- Teresa of Eden Hills is running this meme, Friday's Hunt. She has three alternatives for us to post about but this one, Alphabet series, will be the one I will try to follow and post about. - Her rules are: "Welcome to linkup for Friday’s Hunt. It’s very simple. Anyone can participate. The link opens at 7pm Central time and will close Sunday at 7pm, so you have plenty of time to enter."
- The Mr. Linky address here has a list of others who are participating if you would to read what these folk are doing for the Friday post
Have a fabulous day. ☺
We went to Huntsville today for an antique show. I should have thought to ask you which is your favorite antique store up there. I walked though a few on the square. My son was very patient and I appreciated him going with me. It had been about 15 years or so since I was up there. My husband and I used to do 10K walks with the Houston Happy Hikers and I think one was around Huntsville. Those walks were always a lot of fun.
Links to this post: