Sunday, November 13, 2011

.
Akimi, meaning autumn fruit, lamented her long lost serene garden times.

"Never fear," said hubby, "I'll buy you some fill dirt tomorrow."

- - - - -

139 Characters as counted by Design 215
µ-fiction

Story Copyright
© 2011 Jimmiehov
All Rights Reserved


°Written for Succinctly Yours – Week 34
°The word of the week, 'serene', and the picture were selected by
Grandma.
°It's posted on her blog, Grandma's Goulash
°Her Rules: Use the photo as inspiration for a story of 140 characters OR 140 words. It doesn’t have to be exactly 140, just not more.
°Using the word of the week is not required.

Labels:


Comments:
What an obscure "detour," if you will, down Memory Lane this has been for me, because, believe it or not, I attended Catholic grade school with a boy named Philip Dhirt. Get it? Fill Dirt! Yeah, well, Philly didn't think it was funny either.

Thanks for the ride on the Wayback Machine, Jim! Have a nice week!
 
Now that's a gift to cherish.
 
All I can say to that husband is "Good luck with that." Hilarious, Jim. I had a hard time with this photo--couldn't come up with anything funny. You did well!
 
Yeah Jim, a bit off t he wall but funny.
 
What a good hubby to make such promises! I like your different view of this. I had a rough go of it this week.
 
Hey I had to read it a few times to get it, but I did finally. Do you give people your email - I like to write comments back from your comments?

skcz at comcast dot net

Thanks for following me.

sandie
 
"Some" fill dirt? He may have opened the door to a never-ending project. Clever and fun idea!

:)
 
LOL That's going to take a filling to get the garden back.
 
Good take on this one, Jim.

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie’s Guide to Adventurous Travel
 
they're gonna need lots of dirt :)
 
Hi Jim! Just catching up with you.
Enjoyed seeing all the old cars. Glad to see that Amber is feeling better. She is really up there in age for a cat!! I remember Granny Doctor from the Hillbillies!! She thought people had gizzards!! Ha! I still like to watch that show in reruns!
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?