Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Piano Man — MidWeek Blues —

.
What in the world is this Piano Man in the BLUE shirt doing?

.
Really pretty simple, he is tuning this piano. It is a player piano located on the first floor of St. Luke's Hospital in the Woodlands, Texas (suburb of Houston). I found him during one of my many visits there for my knee and back problems.
.
I talked with him a little and somehow found out where he was from. I asked him if he knew a man, JG. He said, yes, he is my dad. Up in Central Texas 30 years ago JG had taught my BIL, Danny, a lot about piano tuning which now is his profession.
.
So then I asked the Piano Man if he knew Danny. He said yes, he knew him fairly well. SMALL WORLD.
- - - - - -

In yesterday's daily devotion, e-mailed, our preacher told us this:
"Many men stray toward greener pastures. If that is what you are thinking about, consider this. If the grass looks greener somewhere else, it's time to water your own lawn. If Jacob could work fourteen years to win the one he loved (Rachel), we could surely do a better job of demonstrating our love to the one we are already with."

If you want to post a MidWeek Blues picture, go get directions from Rebecca by clicking on the logo picture on the right. She has a Mr. Linky and good directions . Just do what I did.

Labels: ,


Comments:
It's a small world indeed. You run into folks you know all the time. I love it.

Have a terrific day. :)
 
It's indeed a very small world :) Happy Leap Day, Dr Jim!
 
That truly is a small world.
 
what a great shot you took!!
I love seeing the piano having its own kind of surgery

small world indeed

Hope sends hugs
 
At first I thought he might be taking a nap! Thanks for setting me straight.

Jim, FYI, I took off word verification over a year ago and I don't recall having received ONE spam. I no longer bother to comment on blogs which require WF because I can't read those crazy new words they've come up with. Plus living in the country and depending on satellite for Internet access, it's just too time consuming.
 
Hi Jim ~~ A Happy Leap Year's Day to you too. I hope you had a happy day.
Mine was quiet, although I did some cooking. I hope March is a good month for us all. Take care my friend.
Cheers, Merle.
 
I thought he was tuning the piano.

And I love this - If the grass looks greener somewhere else, it's time to water your own lawn.

Sandie
 
I am always amazed by that Biblical love story. I love it, and your minister is so right. I also heard another pastor say that if we showed our spouse the love we showered on them before we married them our marriage would be much better.
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?