Friday, September 20, 2019
The Letter "L" ~~ Rev 04 - Weekend Roundup and Reflections
- the Letter "L" Prompts are:
(A) Starts with the Letter "L"; (B) A Favorite;
(C) "L" for "Lake". (Tom's choice); and (D) Reflections.
(A) Starts with the Letter "L": KP is over by the Lettuce for us today as Lettuce and Lemons, both these words, start with the Letter "L". And they are both optional additives to foods, salads and ice tea.
I've been showing you progress on our back yard "Lemon Tree" and now the oranges are ripening. We call it that because when we bought the house we were told that it was a "Lemon Tree".
(B) A Favorite: This is a rain band cloud from Imelda I suppose this end was down close to Galveston Island, she has been traveling slowly north but seems to be stalled out now.
Hurricanes are an extreme low pressure atmospheric phenomenon that rotate in a counterclockwise direction. It wrapped around us as the eye of the storm was right over us. All was calm for a few hours until it moved a little.
(C) "L" for "Lake". (Tom's choice): My Lake Find is the Little Lake the Adi below is sitting beside. It also has a nice Reflection of the trees on the other side.
It was a part of a nice golf course and we had to tee off over that Lake. The kids living behind the lake would dig for balls that didn't make the drive across the Lake. The on certain days they would have them in baskets to sell rather cheap to the golfers passing by. That was on the honor system, we put our money in a jar in a tree crotch.
(D) Reflections: This Wednesday was "World Water Monitoring Day." I had posted this picture on my other blog (reproduced below) at https://jimmiehov6.blogspot.com/2019/09/poem-water-saving.html . I realized after posting the previously used picture that it had a pretty nice reflection.
- I'm linked with Susan at Poets United, Midweek Motif, Vigilance, http://poetryblogroll.blogspot.com/2019/09/poets-united-midweek-motif-vigilance.html?m=1
(E) Lagniappe: Ship's Camera, "they" say to leave your TV on all night tuned to it as this makes a nice Night Light for your cabin. And you'll know when its light outside even with the curtains pulled. We are going to leave ours on for the next cruise.
We like the Pacific Princess as it is the only remaining 'small ship' they have. Same name as the original Love Boat program on TV but this is a newer ship. It can go into places the large ships cannot.
(ship camera link: https://www.princess.com/bridgecams/?shipCode=pa )
_ _ _ _
My Two Questions for this week(you can answer just one if you'd like):
1. What have you done anything special to help conserve our useable water supply? I used to leave the faucets on when I brushed my teeth. Now I shut it down while I'm brushing until it is time to rinse. When the forecast is for rain I shut down the automatic sprinklers.
2. Do you watch your ship's camera on your Cabin TV? We watch it when we are in port when we are docking or departing.
1. What is your favorite "L" word? I do not like Laxative but ...
2. What is your favorite Sport? Have you ever played golf? Is there a story about your golf playing that you would like to share here? My friend hit his ball fairly far and thought it was in a dry creek. While he was looking around for it he ball fell from the tree he was standing under and hit him on top of his head.
_ _ _
The fine print:
- [Click on any picture for larger, click it again for extra large]
- I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Travel" (Link to Tom's Weekend Reviews)
- The pictures are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law.
- I am also linked this week with James at Weekend Reflections, http://weekendreflection.blogspot.com/ for my Reflections Photo.- Photos and Text Copyright, © Jimmiehov 2019, All Rights Reserved