Friday, June 05, 2020

The Letter "W" ~~ Weekend Roundup and Reflections

The twenty-third issue of Weekend Roundup for this year, 2020...

(THE TWENT-THIRD LETTER FOR THIS SERIES)
- the Letter "W" Prompts are:
(A) Starts with the Letter "W";
(B) "White" (Tom's choice);
(C) A Favorite; and
(D) Reflections.
_ _ _ _



(A) Starts with the Letter "W": Water starts with "W".  It has rained tropical water, cats and dogs and rabbits this week. We are looking out the front door, the whipping rain doesn't show real good.

At right, the rain gutters were running over.  You are looking into a small front porch with a brick floor leading to the drive way.  The wall is a column at the middle of the driveway's front, into the garage.



(B) "White" (Tom's choice): This is Trudy, our youngest granddaughter, KP's White Rabbit

[Picture from TV, ABC Ch 13 Houston]
(C) A Favorite:  More Water, the Gulf of Mexico at Galveston, Texas.  This is beside the Downtown Galveston.  It runs about three miles on to the East.  The beach runs the length of the island, about 22 miles more over to the West.
What you are seeing in the foreground is a little amusement park.
  


(D) Reflections:  More Water of a small lake by one of our walking trails
  It was just starting to get dark. The White Globs in the water are Reflections of the street lights along the street and sidewalk. 


(E)  A Lagniappe:  This is Last Week's Reflection that had dissapeared after I posted.  The reflections in the two upper windows are of the sunset, it was real pretty that evening. 
_ _ _ _

My Two Questions (you can answer just one if you wish):

(1) What comes to mind when you think of "White"? I think of the White Carnation flowers that we buy.  But right away I think of the song. 

(2) Where was the last Toy Rabbit Doll that you saw?  If that doesn't work, your favorite stuffed toy will do.  I will ask this again I am sure.  It was the one KP had brought over the afternoon that we played Clue games.

Bonus Questions:

(1) What is your favorite "W" word? This time it will be "Why"?  I like to know the How's and Why's of things.
(2) Where is the closest amusement park to you?  When was the last time you went to one? I The Galveston Beach one is our closest, about 40 miles.  We have never been to it, it is quite new, less than 10 years old.  Probably the last one I have attended was the old Astro World, beside our Astrodome where the  Houston Astros played for a long time.  It was the FIRST DOMED STADIUM in the World, 1965 completion.   It was still being build when I came here from New Hampshire in 1964. 
_ _ _ _  

The fine print:

- [Click on any picture for larger, click it again for extra large]
- I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Travel" (
Link to click for Tom's Weekend Reviews)
- The pictures are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law.
- I am also linked this week with James of "Weekend Reflections" (
click here for his Reflections Photos).

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments:
I really love the window reflections - I've been trying to get some of those lately too!
 
1. What comes to mind when you think of "White"? Nights in White Satin by The Moody Blues

2. Where was the last Toy Rabbit Doll that you saw? In my bedroom.

Bonus Questions:

1. What is your favorite "W" word? Wonders. There are so many wonders in this world.

2. Where is the closest amusement park to you? Great America. An amusement park located in Santa Clara, California’s Great America is around 100 acres (40 hectares) in size and offers attractions such as Gold Striker, which was featured as the highest-ranking roller coaster by Amusement Today. A family favorite, this park offers exciting thrill rides from Boomerang Bay waterpark to the kid-friendly Planet Snoopy. It also offers endless entertainment via seasonal special events such as Halloween Haunt and WinterFest, making it the ideal location for guests of all ages. Besides enjoying the diverse rides that vary in intensity, patrons can also sample the food available, try their luck at carnival games, and watch live entertainment year-round.

Have a fabulous day and weekend, Jim. ��
 
I'm a little tired of rain. We've had plenty the last few months. Nice shot though. Love the white rabbit. :) My favorite W word today is Water. It is my favorite drink. I prefer drinking water to about anything. Especially when it is icey cold in the hot summer. Have a great weekend!
 
...tropical WATER is special, when we have a dry summer a hurricane is the only solution.
...I hope that this is a different WHITE rabbit!
...oh how I miss the beach.
Thanks Jim for stopping by, stay safe.
 
Hi Jim, I never even thought of using the word water! Living near the coast, I certainly would've had many photos to pick from! Hope you are doing well, and keeping safe. Enjoy your weekend.
Dawn
 
Great reflections Jim! Coming from California I didn't know what rain was until I lived in Texas. :-)
 
That lake is pretty.
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?