Friday, February 21, 2020
The Letter "H" ~~ Weekend Roundup and Reflections
(THE SEVENTH LETTER FOR THIS SERIES)
- the Letter "H" Prompts are:
(A) Starts with the Letter "H";
(B) "High" (Tom's choice);
(C) A Favorite;
_ _ _ _
Some of you knew that I rode My Horse, Minnie, to a two room country school for High School my first two years. New England School was over in Washington County (Nebraska) three miles from our home. Two years of High School were all that most farm boys received back in my dads days if they were staying on the farm and working.
(B) "High" (Tom's choice): High Over the Neighbor's House is the Moon and a Star setting in the West.
(C).A Favorite: Hospital Wing Hallway Map with a You Are Here note. It's not that this Map is exciting in itself but that many times they make me remember our youngest granddaughter as she loves to read maps.
Road maps on paper or a GPS, she has been fine with these since before she was four. The photo on the right shows her when we were looking for the Downtown Baptist Church in London, U.K, she has become a regular backseat driver lady now. She is ten now.
(D) Reflections: Hiding Horse's Eye and Face. Please comment about it or Mrs. Jim's Leather Jacket ("J"s" are coming up in a couple of weeks).
_ _ _ _
My Two Questions (you can answer just one if you wish).
(1) How do you treat GPS and Paper Maps while traveling? Another easy question for me, it seems like every time Mrs. Jim and I need routing advice I use the GPS of google maps while she likes to see everything plain big picture wise using a big paper map.
(2) What do you think of when we are discussing "the Moon and the Stars"? I think of meteor showers.
Bonus Questions: bb c
(1) what is your favorite "H" word? This time it will be "Hot Dog." In earlier days when I was bachelor I made a lot of them. My specialties were Chili-cheese Dogs, Cheese Dogs with Mustard and Relish, and Cheese Dogs with Sauerkraut and Mustard. Check this link below:
(2) What comes to mind when you hear "Horses" mentioned? Most times I remember how I rode Minnie to High School.
(3) If you wish to tell of your OLD CAR or COLLECTOR CAR experiences this would be another day.
BUT THERE WILL BE ANOTHER DAY IF YOU'D LIKE.
I've had several , all Ford products except one Dodge. My '74 and '98 Ford Mustang's are the ones, probably last ones, I have now.
_ _ _
The fine print:
- [Click on any picture for larger, click it again for extra large]
- I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Travel" (Link to Tom's Weekend Reviews)
- The pictures are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law.
- I am also linked this week with James, (click here for his Reflections Photos).
- Photos and Text Copyright, © Jimmiehov 2020, All Rights Reserved