Friday, February 21, 2020

The Letter "H" ~~ Weekend Roundup and Reflections

The seventh issue of Weekend Roundup for this year, 2020...
(THE SEVENTH LETTER FOR THIS SERIES)
- the Letter "H" Prompts are:
(A) Starts with the Letter "H";
(B) "High" (Tom's choice);
(C) A Favorite; 
(D) Reflections.
_ _ _ _ 



(A) Starts with the Letter "H":  Horse starts with "H".  I thought this could be a Horse when I made it. 

Some of you knew that I rode My Horse, Minnie, to a two room country school for High School my first two years.   New England School was over in Washington County (Nebraska) three miles from our home.   Two years of High School were all that most farm boys received back in my dads days if they were staying on the farm and working.  



(B) "High" (Tom's choice):  High Over the Neighbor's House is the Moon and a Star setting in the West.  



(C).A Favorite:   Hospital Wing Hallway Map with a You Are Here note.  It's not that this Map is exciting in itself but that many times they make me remember our youngest granddaughter as she loves to read maps

Road maps on paper or a GPS, she has been fine with these since before she was four.  The photo on the right shows her when we were looking for the Downtown Baptist Church in London,  U.K, she has become a regular backseat driver lady now.  She is ten now. 


(D) ReflectionsHiding Horse's Eye and Face.  Please comment about it or Mrs. Jim's Leather Jacket ("J"s" are coming up in a couple of weeks).  
 _ _ _ _ 

My Two Questions (you can answer just one if you wish).

(1)  How do you treat GPS and Paper Maps while traveling?    Another easy question for me, it seems like every time  Mrs. Jim and I need routing advice I use the GPS of google maps while she likes to see everything plain big picture wise using a big paper map.

(2)  What do you think of when we are discussing "the Moon and the Stars"?   I think of  meteor showers. 

 Bonus Questions:  bb c 
(1) what is your favorite "H" word?  This time it will be "Hot Dog."  In earlier days when I was  bachelor I made a lot of them.  My specialties were Chili-cheese Dogs, Cheese Dogs with Mustard and Relish, and Cheese Dogs with Sauerkraut and Mustard.  Check this link below:   

(2)  What comes to mind when you hear "Horses" mentioned?    Most times I remember how I rode Minnie to High School. 

(3)  If you wish to tell of your OLD CAR or COLLECTOR CAR experiences this would be another  day. 

BUT THERE WILL BE ANOTHER DAY IF YOU'D LIKE.    

I've had several , all Ford products except one Dodge.  My '74 and '98 Ford Mustang's are the ones, probably last ones, I have now.
_ _ _ 

The fine print:
 - [Click on any picture for larger, click it again for extra large]

 - I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Travel" (Link to Tom's Weekend Reviews)
 - The pictures are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law. 

 - I am also linked this week with James, (click here for his Reflections Photos).

 - Photos and Text Copyright, © Jimmiehov 2020, All Rights Reserved 

https://jimmiehov.blogspot.com/search?q=Hot+dog&m=1 



Labels: , , ,


Comments:
1. How do you treat GPS and Paper Maps while traveling? We generally just use the vehicle GPS, but if we have to go off the regular route we will get paper maps to find the best route.

2. What do you think of when we are discussing "the Moon and the Stars"? I think of the beauty and the wonder of the universe.

Bonus Questions:

1. what is your favorite "H" word? This time it will be "Hot Dog." Honor is my pick.

2. What comes to mind when you hear "Horses" mentioned? Riding for fun. Never had to ride a horse to school.

3. If you wish to tell of your OLD CAR or COLLECTOR CAR experiences this would be another day. In my youth I had lots of old cars because that's all I could afford. Never really collector car though.

Have a fabulous day and weekend, Jim. 😎

 
You know my maiden name started with an H - Holland - I liked that.
Man that is another skill kids don't get taught any more. Seems your granddaughter did tho.
Cursive, time, time tables, Dewey decimal system, card catalogs, typing, and map reading.
Not sure if this is a good thing or not.
sandie
 
...it looks like a yummy HORSE to me.
...many Amish kids take a HORSE to school in these parts.
...a favorite is a HOSPITAL map? The less that I know about a HOSPITAL, the better I like it.
...all you HOTDOG needs is some sauerkraut.
thanks Jim for stopping by, HAVE a great week.
 
Great shot.
 
The photo of your granddaughter is my favourite - so cute ❤︎
I use Google maps, but am very bad in orienting and get lost easily.
 
H for HAPPY I prefer a map. Moon and stars - Amazement at God's magnificent creation. I remember riding a horse in North Africa up a mountain on a cliff face and was never more frightened. Have a great week ahead Jim.
 
It must be a great book if she is hiding her face inside...the Hot Dog looks quite good, but could you please hold the ketchup!
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?