Wednesday, April 15, 2020
The Letter "P" ~~ Weekend Roundup and Reflections
(THE SIXTEENTH LETTER FOR THIS SERIES)
- the Letter "P" Prompts are:
(A) Starts with the Letter "P";
(B) "Pair" (Tom's choice);
(C) A Favorite;
Again this month, April 2020, I am participating in the National Poetry Writing Month daily posting of a poem of sorts. Mine are here, NaPoWri Mo 2020, for this year.
_ _ _ _
(A) Starts with the Letter "P": "Park" starts with "P". Here I was parked on the early slopes of Mt. Franklin in El Paso (Texas). I was age 21 and stationed there at the Fort Bliss U.S. Army post. This was for five years and three kids born at the William Beaumont U.S. Army Hospital. One other, our oldest daughter was born at a civilian hospital.
The car is my 1950 Jimmy Dean Mercury 2-Door. I traded it for my equity in my 1956 Ford Sunliner Convertible after I was drafted into the Army. That car was about a year old, I had purchased it new and my monthly payments were more than a Private's pay, married and two kids.
Mount Franklin overlooked El Paso and was easy to climb. I would climb up and take the cable car down.
(B) "Pair" (Tom's choice): The bird ponders a pair of pairs walking, separated about six feet apart, Governor's orders.
(C) A Favorite: A pair of Corn Dog Lunches that I made. The drink is Diet Coke, the pickle slices are Dill. I have made a lot of the noon lunches since our 'lock-in'.
I wrote my short poem in tribute of her and the burial cover for Wednesday's NaPoWriMo, National Poetry Writing Month, Day 14. https://jimmiehov6.blogspot.com/2020/04/day-14-of-naplpowrimo-2020-tribute-poem.html
(E) Lagniappe: "P" is also for Pretty. This is a pretty little bouquet made from some pretty small flowers that I have picked on our daily 30-minute walks.
_ _ _ _
My Two Questions (you can answer just one if you wish).
(1) What comes to mind when you think of pairs? Mine is two Pairs of Docker sandals that I bought when on sale from Penny's. Also my firstborn children are a pair, twins.
(2) When is the last time you had a bouquet of pretty flowers? I don't remember, Mrs. Jim and I both from time to time make up a bouquet, Mrs. Jim will occasionally buy some at the Kroger grocery strore.
(1) what is your favorite "P" word? This time it will be "Peace" I will be so glad when we can have peace in the world like years not too far back. The Bible says we will always have wars and rumors of wars.
(2) Do you have any pictures of cars you owned in the past, perhaps they are old cars of interest now? I don't have pictures of cars I have owned, especially ones before this Mercury and some after as most ofd our early pictures were ruined when ouer house flooded. I wish I had a few of those now.
(3) Have you been on a lot of walks now that we are confined. Tell about it if so, PLEASE. Mrs. Jim and I have started walking for at least 30 minutes each day, doctors' orders. Each of our doctors requested separately that we do this, on the same day. And those doctors probably aren't acquainted. Almost makes on think this was Provedential.
_ _ _
The fine print:
- [Click on any picture for larger, click it again for extra large]
- I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Travel" (Link to Tom's Weekend Reviews)
- The pictures are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law.
- I am also linked this week with James, (click here for his Reflections Photos).