Wednesday, April 15, 2020

The Letter "P" ~~ Weekend Roundup and Reflections

The sixteenth issue of Weekend Roundup for this year, 2020...

(THE SIXTEENTH LETTER FOR THIS SERIES)
- the Letter "P" Prompts are:
(A) Starts with the Letter "P";
(B) "Pair" (Tom's choice);
(C) A Favorite;
(D) Reflections.

Again this month, April 2020, I am participating in the National Poetry Writing Month daily posting of a poem of sorts. Mine are here, , for this year. 
_ _ _ _ 


(A) Starts with the Letter "P":  "Park" starts with "P".  Here I was parked on the early slopes of Mt. Franklin in El Paso (Texas).  I was age 21 and stationed there at the Fort Bliss U.S. Army post.  This was for five years and three kids born at the William Beaumont U.S. Army Hospital.  One other, our oldest daughter was born at a civilian hospital.

The car is my 1950 Jimmy Dean Mercury 2-Door.  I traded it for my equity in my 1956 Ford Sunliner Convertible after I was drafted into the Army.  That car was about a year old, I had purchased it new and my monthly payments were more than a Private's pay, married and two kids.  

Mount Franklin overlooked El Paso and was easy to climb.  I would climb up and take the cable car down.  


(B) "Pair" (Tom's choice):  The bird ponders a pair of pairs walking, separated about six feet apart, Governor's orders. 


(C) A Favorite:  A pair of Corn Dog Lunches that I made.  The drink is Diet Coke, the pickle slices are Dill.  I have made a lot of the noon lunches since our 'lock-in'.


 (D) Reflections:  Burial grounds for Diana Spencer, Princess of Wales.  It is in England northwest of London quite a ways, at the family "Althorpe" Mansion and Gardens.

I wrote my short poem in tribute of her and the burial cover for Wednesday's NaPoWriMo, National Poetry Writing Month, Day 14https://jimmiehov6.blogspot.com/2020/04/day-14-of-naplpowrimo-2020-tribute-poem.html 


(E) Lagniappe:  "P" is also for Pretty.  This is a pretty little bouquet made from some pretty small flowers that I have picked on our daily 30-minute walks.
 _ _ _ _ 

My Two Questions (you can answer just one if you wish).

(1)  What comes to mind when you think of pairs?   Mine is two Pairs of Docker sandals that I bought when on sale from Penny's.  Also my firstborn children are a pair, twins.
(2)  When is the last time you had a bouquet of pretty flowers?   I don't remember, Mrs. Jim and I both from time to time make up a bouquet, Mrs. Jim will occasionally buy some at the Kroger grocery strore.

 Bonus Questions: 


(1) what is your favorite "P" word?  This time it will be "Peace"   I will be so glad when we can have peace in the world like years not too far back.  The Bible says we will always have wars and rumors of wars.

(2)  Do you have any pictures of cars you owned in the past, perhaps they are old cars of interest now?    I don't have pictures of cars I have owned, especially ones before this Mercury and some after as most ofd our early pictures were ruined when ouer house flooded.  I wish I had a few of those now.

(3)  Have you been on a lot of walks now that we are confined.  Tell about it if so, PLEASE.   Mrs. Jim and I have started walking for at least 30 minutes each day, doctors' orders.  Each of our doctors requested separately that we do this, on the same day.  And those doctors probably aren't acquainted.  Almost makes on think this was Provedential.
_ _ _


The fine print:

 - [Click on any picture for larger, click it again for extra large]
 - I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Travel" (Link to Tom's Weekend Reviews)
 - The pictures are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law.
 - I am also linked this week with James, (click here for his Reflections Photos).



Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


Comments:
I loved Lady Di. I watched her entire funeral. What a lady she was.

Have a fabulous day, Jim. 😎
 
...Mt. Franklin, I didn't know that Texas had mountains!
...now a 1950 Jimmy Dean Mercury or 1956 Ford Sunliner sure would be a hard choice to make.
...I see a lot of pairs walk down the road here too.
...I can't remember ever having a corn dog!
Thanks Jim for stopping by, take care.
 
Great set of Ps! I remember the day when Diana died.... Walking is important, obey the doctors' orders! I walk daily for 30 min or 60 min, depending on the weather and take my Nordic poles with me, very efficient... Take care, pleasant weekend.
 
Enjoyable post! I agree, Peace is a great P word. We live down a long lane from the highway. I often walk down to the end to deliver our trash to the bin which is parked there. Most of our outings are driving down back roads looking for critters. Stay well.
 
I have not been walking at all, still quite chilly here. John has done some good long walks. I am more of a city walker where I can poke into stores and take lots of photos!
Lots and lots of Ps in this post!!!!
 
Great post! Speaking of "P" my mother drove a 1955 Pontiac from the time I was born until I was eight. They sure don't make them like that anymore. Walking is great but I'm getting lazy and only walk twice a week. You've inspired me to walk more often.
 
A good set of P photos Jim Yes it would be good to have Peace in the world but as you say the bible says we will not have that however I think it is a matter of one having peace within oneself that matters and the only way to get that is be trusting in God. I have been walking everyday from 1-2 hours in the early morning and taking photos. Then come back, edit them and my birders on WA try guessing where I have been It is a great way of keeping in contact with others especially for those who live alone. I had a bouquet of Roses in February and because I know how to condition flowers properly there is still 1 that is perfect.66 days. I am amazed, that beats any record I had before. Stay safe adn have a good week ahead.
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?