Friday, September 11, 2020
The Letter "K" -- Weekend Roundup and Reflections
(THE ELEVENTH LETTER FOR THIS SERIES)
- the Letter "K" Prompts are:
(A) Starts with the Letter "K";
(B) "Keepsake" (Tom's Choice);
(C) A Favorite; and
_ _ _ _
(A) Starts with the Letter "K": King starts with the letter "K". Here is a little poem about King Og that I found: (Hint, I've always been saying that he had big feet but that is not the correct answer.)
BED OF OG
"While browsing through the Bible once
I ran across the queerest thing:
A Bashanite of giant height
Upon his nation’s throne was king.
His name was Og. …" (more, please click here)
The piano player played like church music should be played in a Louisiana country church. Her grandmother was a cousin of some sorts to the five cousins.
Adi was our Beagle dog. She and I were a registered Pet Therapy pair. (Adi's meme )
(D) Reflections: Parked water taxis at the Dubai Harbor. We were headed toward the dock riding in one like these.
_ _ _ _
1. What is your favorite "K" word? Mine was hard to decide. I settled on Kind. My MIL, Mrs. Jim's mother had a favorite Bible Scripture verse that she taught to all of her preschooler Sunday morning Bible class. It was "Be ye kind one to another..."
She once came into her room one morning and two boys were fighting. She asked them, "Boys, boys, do you know what Ephesians 4:32 KJV says?" One replied, "Yes, Ma'am, we know but we just ain't doing it."
2. Tell about one of your experiences with water travel. We like to do the "Transition Cruises" offered by the cruise lines. Our first was from Fort Lauderdale to Los Angeles through the Panama Canal. It and Princess below both were sailing for over two weeks.
Then we have done several to Europe on the Princes line. Our favorite there was on the small ship, the Pacific Princes, from New York City to Brittan. It stopped at Halifax, Newfoundland, three stops in Iceland, and two stops at Scotland, then it cruised on to Dover, England.
_ _ _ _
The fine print:
- [Click on any picture for larger, click it again for extra large]
- I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Travel" (Link here to click for Tom's Weekend Reviews)
- I am also linked this week with James of "Weekend Reflections" (click here for his Reflections Photos).
- The pictures mostly are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law.