Friday, November 06, 2020
The Letter "S" -- Weekend Roundup and Reflections
The forty-fifth issue of Weekend Roundup for this year, 2020...
(THE NINETEENTH LETTER FOR THIS SERIES) - the Letter "S" Prompts are: (A) Starts with the Letter "S"; (B) "Service" (Tom's Choice); (C) A Favorite; and (D) Reflections. (E) A Lagniappe.
_ _ _ _
(A) Starts with the Letter "S": Snow starts with "S". By the snowy windshield picture you can see it is no fun to drive in the snow. My sister's husband drove us to Tekamah on this morning, he had to stop to clean the freezing windshield.
The photo above is is our younger of two daughters, taken thirteen years ago. I was born in our home, about seven miles northwest of Herman, Nebraska. Our mail came from Herman but we shopped mostly in the town north, Tekamah, as it was larger and had more stores. We also attended church there.
This is the day we sold the farm on auction since both my parents had died. The auction was well attended and the farm sold for a decent price.
You can read more of the auction and about the farm by clicking HERE.
(B) "Sign" (Tom's Choice): These Slowing Signs were popular in Ireland to get traffic slowed down coming into a village.
(C) A Favorite: Seniors, ". . . old men and children. Let them praise the name of the LORD" (see Psalm 148 below)
you princes and all rulers on earth,
12 young men and maidens,
old men and children.
13 Let them praise the name of the LORD,
for his name alone is exalted;
his splendor is above the earth and the heavens."
Psalm 148:11-13 (New International Version)(link)
New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society
(D) Reflections: This is an older picture of a walking bridge that I took probably at the now closed Wedgewood Golf Course at Conroe, Texas. I don't know what hole we were playing but it was on a nice Tuesday morning.
(E) A Lagniappe: Snow year here. Nice Reflection too.
_ _ _ _
(1) What if anything are your feelings for "the First Snow? There are various activities one can do. We only get snow about once every ten years, when that comes we hope we will get enough to make us a snow man..
(2) What is your favorite "S" Word? Mine today will be Senior. It is nice to be a Senior person, discounts are all over the places that we shop. Be sure to ASK FOR AS SENIOR DISCOUNT, if they don't have one perhaps they will get the hint if enough ask.
_ _ _ _
Fine print stuff:
- I am linked with Tom of "Backwoods Travel" (Link here to click for Tom's Weekend Reviews)
- I am also linked this week with James of "Weekend Reflections" (click here for his Reflections Photos).
- The pictures mostly are all mine and rights are reserved to me under Copyright Law.